Shady.

Alison’s POV

I groaned and tried to get out of bed but I was tangled in someone else’s legs. I turned to see a brunette sleeping beside me. I laughed to myself and brushed away the mop of hair that was covering her face. She stirred slightly but continued to sleep. Part of me wanted to just sit here and watch but we have school today. I gave her a kiss on the forehead. “Wake up babe.” I said softly.

She sighed and opened up her eyes slowly. “Morning, beautiful.” She with a rasp.

“It’s time to get up... We have school.” I sighed. Emily grabbed a pillow and put it over her face. “I know you don’t want to, I don’t either but we kinda have to.” Emily didn’t move or reply and I frowned. “Emmy, come on.” I nudged her slightly but still no response. “Ugh, fine. Ignore me.” I said as I untangled my legs and began to get out of bed.

I felt someone grab my arm and pull me back. Emily rolled on top of me with a cheeky grin plastered on her face. I rolled my eyes and pushed her off. I sat up again and she wrapped her arms around me. “You’re cute when you’re mad.” She whispered in my ear.

I tried to hide my smile but failed miserably. “Oh, shut up.” I blushed.

“I thought you didn’t want me to stop talking.”

“Don’t get sassy with me, Fields.” I smirked and turned around, giving her a kiss on the nose. Emily scrunched up her face and I gave her a playful shove. “Dork.” I snickered. Emily grabbed a pillow and threw it at me. “If we didn’t have to get ready now, I would so beat you at a pillow fight.”

“Look who’s the dork now.” Emily grinned.

“I’m adorkable.” I said, pretending to be proud.

“I’m going to pretend you didn’t just say that.” She laughed and got up to get ready. “Can I borrow some clothes?”

“Sure but let me pick.”

“Ali, I swear to god if you pick something girly.” Emily said. I opened my closet and picked out a black jersey that Emily had left here a while ago, a jacket and a pair of skinny jeans. I handed them to her and shot her a smirk.  “Thanks. I’ve been looking for this.” Emily smiled while holding up the jersey.

“You left it here so I thought I’d keep it here if you needed to borrow some clothes.” I said as I searched for some clothes for myself. I finally picked out what I wanted to wear and turned around to see Emily half naked. “Oops, sorry.” I giggled.

Emily smiled at me. “Nothing you haven’t seen before.”

“True.” I laughed and began to get changed. After we were both ready, we headed downstairs to have a quick breakfast.

“Morning.” Mona said as she came into the kitchen. She’s been staying in my basement until we figure out a way to beat Aria. No one knows she’s alive yet and we plan on keeping it that way for a little while.

“Hey… We’re going to school soon. You’ll be okay by yourself right?”

“Alison. I’m not five years old, I know how to take care of myself.” Mona replied as she grabbed a drink and walked back down into the basement. There was a knock at the front door and I got up to answer it.

“Come on. We’ve been waiting for you! I thought we agreed that we’d meet outside.” Spencer huffed.

“Sorry we forgot. Em, let’s go.” I called for Emily to come and we got into Spencer’s car.

=====================================================================================

“It feels weird to be back in school.” Emily said while grabbing some books from her locker.