The Ice Ball

Emily’s POV

I opened my eyes, feeling the excitement bubbling up inside me. It’s finally Christmas, my favourite holiday of the year. My smile faded as I remembered it won’t be the same… I won’t be spending Christmas with the person I love. Alison and I haven’t talked for a few days, I can’t face her knowing that she actually killed Mona. There was so much blood in the house, everything was basically broken. Who knows what she did… But the point is that she did it and now she can’t go back and fix it.

I haven’t really seen Spencer and Hanna either, they’ve been inviting me to their ‘Alison is A’ meetings but I’ve never been. As for Aria, I have no idea. I haven’t gotten an A text in ages but I know why… My mum told me that the police suspect Alison for killing Mona and Aria wants to torture her by making her torture us and she can’t do that from a jail cell. A is probably busy hacking into the police network or whatever. I don’t even know anymore.

Today is also The DiLaurentis Ice ball and I have no idea if I want to go or not. My mum said I should go since it is a charity event but I feel like I’m going to end up doing something I will regret. My mum knocked on my door. “Emily?”

“Yeah, come in.” I replied.

She opened the door and rushed to give me a hug. “Merry Christmas, Sweetheart. I’m surprised you weren’t the first one up, I know you love Christmas. By the way, I have a surprise for you. Come downstairs.” My mum smiled at me and took my hand, leading me downstairs. She walked into the living room and I followed. My jaw dropped to the floor. “Dad!” I screamed while running towards him, attacking him with a hug.

He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me. “You know I couldn’t miss Christmas. It’s good to see you, Emmy.”

“I’ve missed you so much.” I smiled from ear to ear.

“Emily, are you still going to The Ice Ball?” My mum asked.

“Oh, um, maybe.”

“Well, your dad and I were thinking of going out together so I just wanted to know if you wanted to come.”

“I’ll leave you two alone. I’ll go to the ball.” I smiled at them but I had a feeling deep inside that something big will happen tonight.

Alison’s POV

“So, you’re sure they’ll all be there tonight?”

“I’m pretty sure… Are you ready for this?” I replied.

“I was born ready.” They smirked. “Thank you, Alison.”

“It was the least I could do.” I smiled and looked at the clock. “We leave at 7. Have you got your outfit? Anything else you need?”

“Yes, I’ve got it and no I’m all set. This is going to be big.” They replied.

==============================THE ICE BALL========================================

I walked into the ball with Cindy, Mindy, Jenna and Sydney. They’re on my side but I still think they’re against me. Possibly after tonight, their opinions will change. Everyone stopped to look at us, I flashed a smirk and walked down the stairs.

I looked around to try and find the girls. They were all on the dance floor, Spencer was with Toby, Aria with Ezra, and Hanna with Caleb – which is strange because I was sure he left when Hanna and Emily dated briefly but I guess they worked things out. Emily was standing awkwardly to the side. I was meant to be with her right now but I don’t think she wants to see me. The problem is, I need to talk to her. She’s a part of our plan, without her things will surely fail. I walked over to her and shot her a smile. “Hey, Merry Christmas. I’m glad you came.”