Out of the woods.

Emily’s POV

After school, Alison invited me to go home with her. Well, at least I’ll get to tell her then, my only fear is that she might not trust me after this. I let out a sigh and got in my car. “Em, are you alright?” Alison asked, getting in my car.

“Yeah, I’m fine. Just tired from school.” I lied, not wanting to tell her right now. I drove to her house, trying to make conversation so I didn’t seem suspicious. We finally arrived and I got out of the car, Alison did the same and unlocked the door of her house.

She stepped aside, letting me pass. “After you, my lady.” She giggled. Dammit Alison, stop being so cute, it just makes this harder for me. Hiding my guilt, I smiled at her and walked in. Alison closed the door and led me upstairs to her room.

She immediately pushed me onto her bed and crawled on top of me. “Time for revenge on that stunt you pulled in the bathroom.” She smirked and kissed my neck, nibbling occasionally. I bit my lip. Yes, I was enjoying this but the guilt is killing me.

“Ali, stop…” I half said and half moaned.

“No way. I’m not letting you get away with anything.” She whispered in my ear.

“Alison, no. Seriously, I can’t do this.” She stopped and got off of me. Ali looked at me with a confused but disappointed look on her face.

“Sorry…”

“No it’s not you. It’s me.”

“Don’t blame yourself, Em… I was a bit forward and I understand that we’re going slow…. I think? We never really talked about it…” She trailed off.

“Alison. I-I.” I instantly broke down in tears. No, Emily stay strong. Alison reached out to hold me in her arms but I moved away. I didn’t deserve her comfort. I could feel her staring at me but I did my best to avoid her gaze.

I stood up with my back towards her. “Hanna kissed me and I… Didn’t pull away.” I said carefully, hoping that she might understand the situation. She didn’t say anything for a while and I didn’t dare turn around to look at her.

I continued to stand still till I gathered the courage to look into her eyes. I turned around and she wasn’t there. Tears streamed down my face and I touched the place where she had been sitting only minutes ago, still warm from her presence.

I walked downstairs. “Ali?” I called, just wishing she was still in the house. No answer. I pulled out my phone and called her. I heard ringing from upstairs and ended the call. Great, she left her phone here. Why did I look away? If I hadn’t had been such a coward I would have been able to stop her from leaving or at least known where she ran to.

‘SOS. Alison’s house.’ I texted the other girls, Hanna probably won’t come but it’s worth the try. I couldn’t stop the tears from falling. Alison running away is never a good sign. I’m just praying that she comes back sooner this time. I sat on the couch, trying to contain my tears while waiting for the girls to turn up.

There was a knock on the door and I shot up, running to the door and flinging it open. Aria and Spencer stood there. I looked behind them for any sign of Hanna but like I suspected she hadn’t turned up. I sighed and let the girls in.

I explained everything to them, trying my best to stop myself from crying. Spencer’s mouth hung open in shock and Aria’s expression stayed neutral. “Is there anywhere you think she might have gone? Somewhere special or anything like that?” Spencer asked, returning to her serious self.

I thought for a moment and then it hit me. “The kissing rock.” I blurted out. Of course Ali would go there. It’s close and within running distance. I stood up and ran outside. I turned towards the woods that were nearby and kept running, despite Spencer and Aria’s desperate calls for me to stop.