Drama, Lies and a Broken Heart.

Alison’s POV

I cried myself to sleep last night. I can’t believe Emily would do that to me… Did she even care? There I was ready to give her a chance to explain herself and she’s fooling around with Hanna. I’ve never experienced heartache this bad before and worst of all, I don’t think I have anyone to turn to. Aria and Spencer would choose Emily over me in a blink of an eye, no matter what and I definitely don’t want to talk to Hanna about anything.

I have to go to school today, since my dad caught me crying yesterday. I don’t want him to worry about me, he’s been through enough. I just made up an excuse and told him I was reading a sad book. Though it seems like my life is actually a sad book of drama, lies and a broken heart.

 I had to put on a load of makeup to cover the bruises on my neck this morning, I’m also wearing a scarf just in case. I walked downstairs, grabbed an apple and hopped into my car. I just sat there for a moment, how will I even get to my locker without breaking down? Emily will surely be there with the other girls like they do every morning. I sighed, knowing that today is going to be tough and I drove to school.

Once I had arrived I immediately started shaking. “Pull it together, Alison. You can do this. You’ve been through much worse.” I whispered to myself and climbed out of my car. I headed straight to my locker and as I predicted, there they were. Emily was talking to Hanna and she looked… Happy. While here I am slowly crumbling inside, in fact she’s so ‘happy’ that she hasn’t even noticed my presence. Why am I always the one to suffer? Why can’t I be happy, for once?

I slammed my locker closed and walked away. I’m proud of myself for not crying but then again I’m way too angry than sad, right now. “Ali! Wait up.” Aria called from behind me. I stopped and waited for her to catch up to me. “Hey. Why didn’t you come talk to us?”

I shrugged. “Didn’t feel like it.” I started walking away from her but she grabbed my arm. I turned to her, getting frustrated now. “What?”

“Ali, what’s wrong?”

“Everything.” I said blankly.

“I thought you and Em were on good terms now… She looks happy.”

I shook my head. “Ha, she didn’t tell you did she?” Aria shook her head. “Why don’t you ask her yourself?” I said angrily and walked to class. Wow. Emily didn’t even tell Aria and Spencer about what happened. I sat down in my seat and stared blankly at the classroom wall. My phone vibrated and I pulled it out of my pocket, making sure to hide it under my desk so I wouldn’t get caught.

Aria- Em told me. I can’t believe she would do that to you.

Me- Well she did.

Aria- Do you want me to come over after school? We can talk or just hang out.

Me- I guess… Thank you.

Aria- See you around. Stay strong for me, okay?

Me- Alright.

I shoved my phone back in my pocket, still processing what had just happened. Aria’s on my side. I actually have someone to talk to but I’ve never really fully opened up to someone other than Emily. Then again, Aria is quite understanding and supportive. I’m glad I have her to talk to.

Class finally ended, I got up and grabbed my stuff. I walked to my next class slowly until someone tapped on my shoulder. I turned around, it was Paige. “Not now, please Paige.”

“Don’t think you can get away with this, Alison.”

“Get away with what? Taking Emily from you? Well you’re talking to the wrong person.” Paige stared at me confused.