Target Practice.

Emily’s POV

It was finally lunch and I had to find Paige. I have no idea what I’m going to say to her. Paige and I have always had a rocky relationship. Yes, I had loved her but I don’t feel that spark anymore. My relationship with Alison in the last few days has been… Eye opening. I feel so alive, rather than being constantly being brought down to a slow pace with Paige.

Okay, maybe that was a little harsh but it’s true. I’ve always dreamed of a passionate relationship. Safe and happy is nice and all but the thrill I get with Alison makes me feel free, like anything is possible. I saw Paige putting some books into her locker and walked over to her.

“Hey…” I said. Paige turned to me and smiled, giving me a quick peck on the lips. It took me a few seconds to realize what she had just done. “Paige… I need to talk to you.”

A worried look crossed her face. “What’s wrong?”

“I-uh… Think we should… See other people.” I mumbled, making the words up as I went.

“What? Emily, we just got back together and you want to end things already?” Paige choked.

“No, Paige. You didn’t do anything, it’s my fault.”

“Let me guess. You’ve ran back into the arms of Alison again. Em, can’t you see. She’s obviously going to mess with your feelings again. Why do you even waste your time on her? She hasn’t changed and will always be that manipulative bitch who used to put everyone down.”

“Don’t you dare, talk about her like that. You don’t know anything about her now. Alison has changed but you’re just so deep in revenge, you’re too blind to see.”

“Emily, listen to yourself. You’re sticking up for the person who you thought was A literally two days ago.”

“Yeah and we were wrong. Remember the time Spencer, Hanna and Aria thought you were A?”

Paige grabbed me by the shoulders. “Snap out of it Emily, dammit. I get she was your first love but get over it. She’s used you, messed with your feelings and crushed your heart.”

I hit Paige’s arms off of me. “Well, at least she didn’t attempt to drown me.” I spat and walked away. I was furious, I wouldn’t have normally been so hostile towards her but she was getting on my nerves. How dare she talk about Alison that way?!

I felt someone grip my shoulder and spin me around. Paige was staring at me angrily, I’ve never seen her this way before. “You don’t know how guilty I felt about that. You didn’t have to use that card against me.”

“Don’t be such a hypocrite, Paige. You did the exactly same thing by bring up all the things Alison did. Now get your hands off of me. I’m really pissed off at you right now and I don’t want to leave things in a mess between us.”

“Things are already messy, Em. Don’t think I’m not angry too. Maybe I’ll go have a little chat with Alison.”

“Don’t even think about going near her, or I’ll…”

“You’ll what Emily?”

“Paige, why are you even acting like this?”

“Maybe because the girl I love is leaving me, probably for good.”

I sighed, my anger slowly fading away. “Paige, you deserve better…”

“Don’t even start, Emily. You have said that to me before.”

“I’m sorry-“ All of a sudden, I felt a sting on my cheek. Did she just slap me? I looked at her, tears in my eyes from the pain. “I thought you were better than that, Paige. You’ve lost me for good.” I walked away with my hand on my cheek. I felt everyone’s stares on me. I had forgotten that I was in the middle of the school hallway but I couldn’t care less.