Promise.

Emily's POV

"Ready to go?" I asked Ali, who was practicing walking around the room with her crutches. It's been a week and we're finally allowed to get out of this place. "You can use the wheel chair, you know? You don't have to be on the crutches all the time."

"I don't want to make you push me around all day, Em." She replied.

"Being with you all day is fine with me, wheelchair or not." I said. She smiled at me and hopped over to the wheelchair, setting her crutches aside.

"Having a broken leg is horrible and itchy." She pouted.

"It's only for about six weeks and besides A is gone which makes things a lot easier." I said and grabbed Ali's bag I had packed earlier. Ali put on her jacket and sighed.

"I wish she wasn't like that... We could have helped her. We could have done something at least."

"We didn't know, Ali... Don't start blaming this on yourself."

"I know... I won't." She assured but something about her tone of voice made me doubt what she said. I put my hand in my pocket and felt the present I had bought for Alison yesterday. Honestly I can't wait to give it to her, we haven't been together long but I feel like the time is right. I walked over to Ali and stopped right in front of her before getting down on one knee. Her eyebrows furrowed with confusion for a second before her eyes widened. "A-are you proposing?" She whispered in bewilderment.

I chuckled slightly. "No... Maybe I will someday but not today. I'm just tying my shoelaces." I joked.

"Oh." She said simply.

"I'm just kidding... I, um, got you something." I smiled shyly as I reached for the box in my pocket.

"That still looks like proposal to me." Ali commented. I smiled and shook my head. I opened the box slowly to reveal what I had bought for her. I watched as her lips curved into a smile and the warmth in her eyes increased. She brought her hands up to her face to cover her mouth before giving me a swift slap on my shoulder.

"Ouch... Well I wasn't expecting that reaction."

"Sorry I just... I-I... Oh god, I can't even talk." She stuttered. "God, Em... I love you so much. Stop being so sweet." She gushed, her cheeks getting redder by the second. "No one has ever treated me like this..."

"Well it's about time someone did." I grinned and took the necklace out of the box. "It's a promise ring actually... But I just put it on a chain instead. I know we haven't been officially together for a long time but I've known you my whole life and the times we've shared together have been amazing even through the rough spots, I was just glad I had you by my side. When they told me they found your body I didn't know what to think or feel. I always had this small doubt that you were really gone and that small doubt was right. And I'm going to get to the point because this position actually is painful after a while." Alison laughed slightly, tears brimming her eyes. "I love you Alison." I smiled hard and felt a tear roll down my cheek, I stood up and went behind Alison. I pushed her hair aside and put the necklace on for her. "I also engraved something on it... Oh, and I have one too." I said, taking my necklace out of my pocket.

Alison wiped away fresh tears from her eyes and took the ring in her hands to examine it. "It says Mermaid." She smiled.

"And mine says Ali Boo. So, even when we're apart, we're together." I paused. "That was the cheesiest thing I've ever said."

Ali laughed and opened up her arms. "Come here, goof." I walked over to her and practically jumped into her arms, straddling her on the wheelchair. I pulled away from our embrace and placed my hands on her cheeks, still wet from crying. God, I love this girl. I inched closer to her lips until they met with mine. Ali placed her hands at the bottom of my shirt and slid her hands upwards, stopping at my bare stomach. I shivered and moved my hands, tangling them in her hair. She moaned against my lips and took the chance to move her hands further, cupping my breasts. I breath hitched and I rocked my hips against hers, feeling sexually frustrated. Ali pulled away and started kissing my neck, moving her hands down to my pants, unbuttoning them. I lifted my neck to give her more space as I continued moving my hips.