Chapter 19

MACSIMO's POV

Last day of exam, i was looking for Tasy so we can eat snacks at the place I reserved for us.

Since mamaya ay pupunta kami sa Nine19, snacks lang ang kakainin namin dahil alam kong na-drain siya sa exams this sem.

She was ranting to me every break on our exams.

"Grabe, nasisiraan na ako ng ulo dahil sa hirap ng exam ni Miss Sharon. Akala ko naman sobrang dali, dahil sabi niya madali lang!" I chuckled when she ranted.

She pouted and glared at me, "ikaw, porket nasa top 5 ka sa buong batch, ganiyan ka na?" Anito.

"Damn, I'm sorry" I chuckled and i wiped the sweat on her forehead. Second day ng exam namin at hindi niya na daw kaya dahil bukas na ang exam for Miss Manugang.

Well, her exams are hard. She was my adviser back in grade 11, she's strict but she's a good teacher.

"You'll do good, just review" She nodded, and continued eating.

Hinahanap ko na ng ngayon si Tasy at yayain na when i saw her going to the field. I was about to surprise her when Vincente came.

They were talking, laughing, and being sweet with each other. So, sila huh?

My heart ached when i saw Vincente wiped Tasy's lips, agad akong tumalikod at pumunta sa kotse ko.

I parked my car and was about to go inside my house when Issa popped infront of me.

"What are you doing in here?" Naiinis kong sabi. I'm in a bad mood, okay?

I know, I shouldn't feel this way dahil ako lang naman ang may gusto kay Tasy, but fuck it!

Nagseselos ako, tangina.

"Baby, i miss you!" She said, and hugged me. Agad ko siyang tinulak at linayo sa akin.

"Umalis ka na, Issa." Umirap ako sa kaniya at pumasok sa loob ng bahay. It's weird, i feel weird when i saw Issa smirked.

Umalis siya sa harapan ko at sinundan siya ng tingin, she entered inside a black tinted car and drove off.

Umiling ako at pumunta sa kwarto ko. I'm alone in this whole big house.

My father, who's always busy, is not coming home. He's been like that since my mother died or...since i was born.

I wasn't born rich, my parents thrived hard when i was still a baby. And, my father's company became successful, but he forgot about me.

I grew up na ibang tao ang nagaalalaga sa akin. Laging papalit-palit. I was confused when i was a kid because my father was always absent.

Natigil ako sa pag-iisip dahil narinig ko na tumunog ang phone ko, senyales na may nag message.

Unknown Number:

Bumalik ka sa akin.

Umiling ako ng mabasa iyon, maybe it's just spam. I blocked the number at nakita ang oras.

I got up and got ready to go fetch Tasy. Even though I'm jealous, wala naman akong karapatan.

I wore my white t-shirt and black board shorts with my black Nike shoes. Sinuot ko ang relo ko at kinuha ang mga gamit.

I went outside and got my car. I drove to Tasy's house to fetch her.
Malapit na ako sa bahay nila ngunit nakita ko siya na nasa labas, and infront of her was a car.

Bumagal ang takbo ng kotse ko at tumigil iyon na malayo sa kanila. I stopped my car and watched them closely.

Tasy smiled at the guy who's now outside, na pinagbuksan siya ng pinto.

My heart ached when i saw who it was, Vincente. Wow, so they're together, huh?

Kelan pa? Why didn't Tasy told me? Wait, why would she told me.

But, we were...

Umiling ako at umalis na doon. I drove fast kaya mabilis akong nakapunta sa Nine19.

Sinalubong ako ni William na umoorder na ng pagkain, i sat on the chair and tapped my fingers on the table.

"Psst, bad mood ka?" Lumingon ako kay Mikayla at umiling. She just shrugged and talked to Janica and Ian who's sitting beside her.

Later on, Tasy and Vincente arrived. Our friends teased them, and i was just there. Silent, refusing to look at her.

I can feel her gaze, maybe she's confused kung bakit hind ko siya pinapansin.

I know, silent treatment is bad whenever you're angry. But, wala naman akong karapatan aminin kay Tasy kung bakit ako nagkakaganito.

Should i tell her 'nagseselos ako sainyo ng boyfriend mo' ganon? No, no way.

We drinked hard liquors but I stayed sober, dahil mag dridrive pa ako. I know Vincente would drive Tasy home so I shouldn't worry about her.

Mikayla was drunk, and Vincente decided to take her home. Ako na ang maghahatid kay Tasy.

I'm just doing this because...we're still friends, right?

We were both silent inside the car while i was driving. I was holding the steering wheel tightly, containing the feelings that might burst out inside me any time.

"Can we get coffee? I'll sober up for a bit," she said habang nakatanaw sa cafè na lagi namin nadadaanan tuwing sinusundo at hinahatid ko siya.

I nodded and parked my car, we went inside the cafè. Umorder rin ako at tumabi kay Tasy.

I looked at the wall glass, kung saan nakikita ang mga city lights ngayon.

I looked at Tasy, and she was frowning while looking straight ahead.

"Do you want to see the view while you drink you coffee?" Tumaas ang kilay niya bago tumango sa akin.

When we got our orders, we went somewhere, where we first kissed.

I should distance myself to her, knowing that she likes someone else now. Maybe our friendship will have a stain, and my feeling would just...fade.

"May problema ba?" I was shocked when Tasy suddenly asked that. I tried to talk casual to her.

She asked if there's a problem with us, and her.

"There's no problem with us, Tasy. Ako lang, ako ang problema," Sabi ko. She cupped my face but I refused to look at her.

"Then, tell me. Coz you're making me anxious, Macsimo." She said.

After a few minutes of denying it, i bursted out. I never wanted to confess to her just because i was fucking jealous.

"Y-you.." She said, trying to process what i told her, "I like you, i fucking like you."

And what she told me next, made my world upside down. It's like my feelings builds up again.

"I like you, Macsimo James Santos"

My mouth gaped, shocked because she confessed to me.

Fuck, she likes me!

"I like you, too, Anastasia Tasy Mendoza"

With that, I hugged her and kissed her, pouring my feelings with that kiss.

-End of Chapter 19-

Ngl, kinilig ako while writing this