Final Chapter

MACSIMO's POV

"MACSIMO!" I turned around, and I smiled when i saw my wife, running towards me, with son.

"Hey, baby..." I kissed her forehead, and I kissed the cheeks of my son.

Issa was smiling when I glanced at her. And I glanced at my son who's giggling while playing with his toy.

It's been 2 years, and ever since that day, everything went by so fast.

"Please remember me, Macsimo." Tasy said, her voice was pleading. Pumikit ako nang mariin at suminghap.

I want to, but i can't.

Nang makita ko ang polaroid picture namin ni Tasy na nahulog sa kaniyang bag. I picked up the polaroid and my head ached but my heart was hurting more.

We're both wearing toga, i was looking at Tasy, while she's looking at the camer. My jaw clenched, many questions lingering on my mind.

Agad akong tumayo at nag tungo sa kwarto ko, i told the maid that if Tasy would look for me, tell her I'm resting.

But i was not, hinalungkat ko ang gamit ko noon. The doctor advised me not to look at it, titignan ko lang daw ito kung bumalik na ang memorya ko ng kusa.

My head started to hurt, when i saw another polaroid with Tasy. Marami ito, at ang isa ay mas lalong nagpasakit sa aking puso.

It was a picture of her, she's showing her hands, na mayroon sing sing, habang parehas kaming nakahalik sa labi ng isa't isa.

What's this...tangina, sino ka ba talaga, Tasy?

When i saw her on Nine19, many memories came flashing, which made me fainted. But only one thing I remembered, my dreams.

She has the same freckles, katulad sa babaeng nasa panaginip ko. Tears started to pool my eyes, and my knees weakened, making me sit on the floor.

Tears rolling down my cheeks, habang tinitignan ko ang polaroid kung saan pinapakita ni Tasy ang kaniyang sing sing.

Kinabukasan, mabilis akong nag tungo sa bahay ng Ama ko. I was running when i came to his office.

Nilapag ko ang polaroid na pictures namin ni Tasy, Papa sighed and looked at me.

"So, do you want to remember her? Or forget her forever, Macsimo?" Tanong niya sa akin. I don't know, i fucking don't know.

"Tell me, everything. Kung bakit wala siya....nitong mga nakaraan taon." My jaw clenched.

When i was lying on the bed, when i fainted after i saw Tasy, naririnig ko siya. She was crying, sobbing, and telling me she's sorry. I was confused, doon pa lang, dapat inalam ko na agad.

She said, she was someone important.

"She's your girlfriend, Macsimo. And i...ruined the both of you for my own sake." Agad akong bumalik sa reyalidad sa sinabi sa akin ng Ama ko.

He told me everything, from where my mother died, until i got into an accident.

Mariin akong pumikit, i bursted out in anger. How could he do this to me? And the worst case is, hindi ko pa rin siya naalala.

"Macsimo!" Rain was pouring, i heard Tasy's voice. When she touched my heart, those familiar fast thumping of my heart, those warmth who makes me calm down.

Pero hindi, pamilyar lang ang kaniyang presensya, pero wala siya sa aking memorya.

"Because i was hurt! You didn't let me explain, Macsimo! Umalis ka bigla, eh! Iniwan mo ako, umalis ka!" She shouted, pain was evident in her voice.

Oh, god...

I hurted her. Sinaktan ko siya, tangina naman.

We were both crying, rain was heavily pouring.

Parehas kaming umiiyak habang naka tingin sa mata ng isa't isa, may mamunting pag-asa na sumisigaw na kung pwedeng isa pa? Kahit isang beses na lang, kahit isa.

After that day, Tasy and I started to see each other, again. We would go to dates, and everytime i would see her laugh, memories will flash on my mind.

She's infront of me, while i was hugging her from behind. After 1 year, she said yes.

Nanligaw ako sa kaniya, at sa isang taon na iyon, hindi ako nawalan ng pag-asa. My memories was coming back again, thankfully. And everytime i would remember something, i would ask her.

"I think...I remember something." Sabi ko, she hummed. I kissed her cheeks. We're both looking at the view here, dito sa balkonahe ng bahay ko.

"We at the ice cream shop, and I proposed to you using the can opener." She laughed,

"Oh my, you remembered that?!" Natatawang sabi nito. I pouted, damn, i didn't know i was that cheesy! 

I bit my lower lip, humarap siya sa akin and she cupped my face, "You're the sweetest" she said. Agad napalitan ng ngisi ang labi ko, i leaned forward and kissed her.

"Congratulations!" Narinig kong bati ng mga tao sa simbahan. Today, finally, I married the love of my life.

Anastasia Tasy Mendoza- Santos, my wife.

"I love you, my wife." I said, she looked at me and smiled, "mas mahal kita" Umiling ako at pinatakan siya ng mababaw na halik sa labi.

Nasa reception kami ngayon ng kasal namin, and Tasy's going to throw her flowers.

Kime was pouting, habang pinagtatawanan siya ng mga kaibigan namin.

"Tangina niyo talaga!" Sigaw niya, we all laughed. Tasy turned her back, and she threw the bouquet.

Sinundan namin iyon ng tingin, kung kanino at sino ang makakasalo. At nang masalo iyon ni Kime, mas lalo siyang inasar ng mga tao.

"Yak, tigilan niyo ako!" She thumped her foot, tumabi sa akin ang asawa ko at hinalikan ko siya sa labi.

"Mommy, Kiss!" Our son, Trevore Maximo Santos, when to his mother. Binuhat siya ni Tasy, at parehas ko silang niyakap.

I glanced at my side, and saw Issa smiling at us, I smiled back at her, she's with her husband.

"Ang napaka cute ng pamangkin ko!" Mikayla suddenly popped infront of us, and she kissed our son's cheek.

Nagsidatingan ang mga bisita namin, dahil ngayon ang birthday ni Trevore,

My eyes went to my wife, who's smiling and greeting our guest. Hinapit ko ang bewang niya at bumulong,

"I love you, My Anastasia." I whispered, she looked back at me,

"I love you, too, My Macsimo."

And finally, the drummer and his lover got their happy ending,

Because the Drummer, remembered his Lover.

-END-