◇𝐅𝐢𝐠𝐮𝐫𝐞◇

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇

(Y/n) POV

"Hey, Captain, I don't think this is a laughing matter." Asta said, staring at Captain Yami who were laughing just seconds ago. "Being depressed isn't going to bring Old Man Seyhe back. Right?" Magna agreed to Yami's words. "Yes, sir! It's just as you say, sir."

I looked down, unable to laugh just as Magna encouraged us to. Asta and Noelle laughed, but I knew it was forced. I chuckled a bit, trying my best and scratched the back fo my head, my eyesbrows still furrowed. "That's how it should be." Yami continued. "What happened to Old Man Seyhe really is a shame, but you four were able to protect the villagers." I sighed. 'I don't remember protecting them at all..And I still can't figure out why..'

"Be proud of that." He smiled. "Well done. Great job, you idiots." "Yes, sir!" Magna raised his hand to his chest, I copied his actions. 'This is kinda cool.. I feel like as if I'm a Magic Knight... oh wait..' I mentally hit myself for my own stupidity. "What's that?" Asta asked, looking at Magna and I.

"I don't know either.. but he's doing it, so I did it too.." I muttered. "Don't copy someone when you don't even know what it is!" Magna yelled, I tilted my head to the side with a puzzled look. "Is this bad though?" I asked and he facepalmed.

"You morons! You don't even know the Magic Knights' salute?!" I blinked. 'So that's why it felt cool..' He told us what it symbolizes and made Asta do it.

A portal appeared behind us and I turned to see Vanessa and Finral senpai walking towards us from the portal. "Great job, you four." She smiled at us.

They told us that the Magic Investigation Department still had no clue who the people we encountered earlier were. Magna let out his frustration by throwing a fire ball, damaging the wall. I sighed. 'Gotta fix that..'

"Stop breaking stuff!" Captain Yami yelled as he broke the wall down. 'You people are the ones breaking the wall!!' I mentally screeched, having to fix the walls of our poor base. And as if the world wanted me to suffer, more walls got destroyed. 'This is so much damage!!!'

[Time Skip]

We got our pay for the month, and I stared at the amount of yuls we got. "It's money! There's atleast 200,000 yuls here!" Asta screamed and I nodded, drool escaping my mouth. "Imagine all the tatoes we can buy for the church, Asta!!" My eyes sparkled at the thought of having a tatoes feast in the church with my siblings.

"Tomorrow's gonna be a day off, so don't let it go to waste." Yami said, and I beamed. He also told us we can do whatever we want, which made me want to explode. 'TATOESSS-'

"You could buy atleast ten years' worth of tatoes with this money!" I heard Asta yell, catching my attention. "Tatoes? What are those?" Noelle asked and I dramatically gasped, running to her and shaking her shoulders. "You don't know what tatoes are?!" She got dizzy so I let her go and Asta explained to her what tatoes are. "That sounds awful." She commented and I whined. "It tastes good! Believe me!"

[Time Skip]

We walked through the town with Vanessa senpai as I gazed at the shops. 'There's so many stuff they're selling!' I walked to another direction, separating myself from the group. 'Woaa- so many- where do they sell tatoes?' I turned my head left and right as I walked, looking for tatoes I've been craving.

As I walked, I could feel someone's gaze on me, making a shiver run down my spine. I looked behind me to see if someone was staring at me, yet everyone were just doing their own business.

I frowned and shook my head. 'Just my imagination..' I tried reassuring myself, but it won't work. My thoughts raced. 'Ugh! Stop being paranoid, (Y/n)!' I hit my head with my fist, knocking some sense into my self.

'It's because you're a Magic Knight you're getting stares!' I sighed and went back to where I came from, searching for Vanessa, Noelle, and Asta.

3rd person POV

As the (h/c)nette walked back to find her friends/squad mates, a figure stood in a remote area, watching her get nervous and walk away. The figure chuckled, gazing at her from afar. "You still haven't changed a bit, (Y/n)-chan." The figure turned around and disappeared into the shadows as a smile remained on their face.

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇