◇𝐒𝐭𝐚𝐫𝐭◇

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇

(Y/n) POV

We arrived at our destination and I looked around in awe, amazed that there were so many people and huge structures. 'So this is what the capital looks like!' I beamed.

"Whoa this is awesome!" Asta exclaimed, looking around as we walked. There were people using their unique magic on stalls, and there was so much fresh food displayed, waiting to be bought. 'Food..!' I quickly wiped my drool before anyone could see.

"Awesome!" Asta yelled, looking at the food. We began looking around other shops and stalls and there were so many things that were displayed. Brooms, clothes, food, magic materials, everything was there. I looked at the price and paled. 'Its too expensive! How are people able afford this?!'

I sighed and shook my head, continuing to walk forward.

[Time Skip]

As we continued walking, Asta was eating a snake on a stick? 'Where did he get that?'

"Oi, where do they hold the entrance exam anyway?" He asked. "Probably over there." Yuno then looked at what Asta was eating. "What is that?"

"A poor creature who has fallen at the mercy of humans and was deep fried." I muttered, pressing my hands together as tears pricked my eyes. "Its a grilled purple snake. It was super cheap!"

"Anyone want some grilled purple snakes that I just happened to catch somewhere or other?" I heard an old woman say, probably where Asta bought his snack. This made me sweat drop and turn to him.

"Asta! How are you sure that's safe to even eat?!" I yelled, panicking it could be deadly. "Want some?" Asta asked me and Yuno, completely ignoring what I just said.

"No." "I-I'll pass.." I nervously looked back ahead of us. "It's super nutritious and will give you lots of energy!" Asta stated and Yuno walked to another direction. "Not a chance. Let's go. This way."

We walked to see lots of people scattered around, probably also here to take the exams. There were also people who was there to cheer the examinees who were standing by the sides, making way for us.

"I'll do my best!" Asta yelled, waving at the people. I could feel my face turn red out of embarrassment because of the sudden attention and people suddenly looking at our direction. I could hear Yuno mutter who was ahead of us. "You dont know him... you dont know him..."

We then lined up to get our numbers for the exam. After a while of waiting, it was finally our turn to get our number.

"I'm Yuno from Hage Village." He introduced himself. "Yuno from Hage.. could I see your grimoire?" Yuno handed his grimoire towards the man.

"A f-four leaf clover..." "So that's who everyone's talking about." I could hear people mutter from behind him.

I could hear people behind me speak. "Hey, that grimoire.." "Just really a four leaf clover?!" "Wow.."

"You're #164. All right. Next." It was now Asta's turn to show his grimoire. "I'm Asta, also from Hage Village! Here's my grimoire!" He held his grimoire in front of the mans face.

"This is pretty filthy. Is this really a grimoire?" The man asked, confused at how odd Asta's grimoire is. "Huh? Ofcourse it is! Take a good look! See? See?" He held the grimoire closer to his face, smiling.

"Alright, alright. You're #165." "Got it!" Asta walked away and it was now my turn. I gulped. "I'm (Y/n), also from Hage Village.." I showed him my grimoire.

The mans eyes widened. "Another four leaf clover?" Other people who heard it turned to me. "So she's the other lucky one, huh?"

"You're #166." "You too.." the man looked at me, confused. I quickly walked away from the awkwardness and towards Asta and Yuno. I stood beside them and stared at the crowd. 'So many people...'

As we were standing in our spot, anti-birds, or that's what they call it, came surrounding some people which I found adorable. I waited for some anti-bird to come to me but none ever came. 'Do I look that scary for them to even come near me?' I sulked.

"The weaker your magical powers, the more these guys to flock you." A guy stated.

"Hey, look at those two. None of the birds are going to them."

"Hey! It's the two from earlier."

"From earlier?"

"They're from some remote village called Hage, yet they both got a four leaf grimoire!"

I quickly hid behind Yuno. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Y-yeah.. just not used to the attention.." He chuckled and ruffled my hair resulting my cheeks to have a red hue.

"One of us is going to become Wizard King/Queen, our legend's beginning now, (Y/n), Yuno!" I heard Asta say. I turned to look at him surrounded by lots of anti-birds. "I'm gonna show you just how much I've grown in six months... ow, ow, ow, ow!"

The anti-birds were pecking him repeatedly. "What the heck are these birds?!" He yelled and began to run around, making me facepalm as people talked about him.

"Get away from me, you stupid birds!" Asta wasn't looking to where he was going and ended up crashing onto a very tall and strong looking guy. The birds quickly flew away after seeing him.

"They finally flew off somewhere. Hey, sorry for bumping into you." Asta apologized while smiling. "I'll kill you brat." 'ASTA RUN!!!' I yelled in my mind and began to prefusely sweat.

'You can do this Asta! Just be nice and maybe he wont kill you!' I mentally cheered from afar. Asta then placed a hand on the mans shoulder. "Man, you look old! You must've had a hard life!"

'That's too understanding!' I was panicking and I could feel my sweat are like waterfalls by now, and the silence that filled the air didn't help me calm down.

The man then grabbed Asta's head. "It appears you're ready to die." He let out an intimidating aura that made me shiver. "Wait!" I yelled running towards them. 'What am I doing?!'

"Please let him go." I said sternly, letting out a massive amount of mana. I could see others shake, overwhelmed by the mana I'm releasing. The man looked towards me and opened his mouth to say something but was cut off.

"Oh, there he is! What are you doing down here?" A boy with brown hair asked, walking towards us with another guy who had pale skin, wearing a cap.

"I'm about to end this twerps life." The man said, holding Asta by his head who was now above ground and I glared. The brown haired boy suddenly leaned towards me.

"Hey, you're cute! Im Finral!What's your name?" My eye twitched. Asta screamed and I quickly looked back at him. I glared daggers at the man to which he ignored.

"Whoa! Cut it out! A Magic Knights Squad Captain shouldn't kill an exam candidate. Why did you even come down here anyway?" Said the brunette. "I went to take a dump and got lost."

'He's a Squad Captain?' I thought to myself. He began to count down making Asta ask why. "The end of your life." Asta screamed.

I glared at the Squad Captain, still letting out a massive amount of mana. "Let him go, sir. The exams are about to begin." He dropped Asta and looked at me, then back at Asta.

"Your girlfriend is scary. Guess you get to live a little longer, brat." He glanced at me and walked away. 'Did I just really do that?! Wait- girlfriend? What's that?!' I was confused.

I then noticed the fireworks in the sky. 'Its finally starting..'

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇