◇𝐄𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐄𝐱𝐚𝐦◇

◇━━━━━━━━━◆━━━━━━━━━◇

(Y/n) POV

I was standing next to Asta and Yuno when we saw the Magic Knights Squad Captains walk in and sat on their seats to watch us during the exam.

I looked at each one of the captains and quickly thought of nicknames for some of them. Though, this guy named Sekke whom we met earlier, introduced us to each captain.

"That's the Captain of the Silver Eagles, Nozel Silva!" I stared at the Captains braid. I heard Asta comment from beside me. "That's some hairstyle! Isn't it hard to see with that thing in his face?" I snickered and thought of a nickname. 'Captain Braidy is pretty accurate.'

"The Captain of the Crimson Lion Kings, Fuegoleon Vermillion." I looked at the next introduced Captain, and noticed his stern looking eyes and forehead mark. 'Captain Lion.. hmm, that'll do.'

"The Captain of the Green Praying Mantises, Jack the Ripper." He has a scar across his eye and looked skinny.

"The Captain of the Blue Rose Knights, Charlotte Roselei." She looked beautiful and elegant making me stare at her in awe. 'Captain Beauty..'

"The Captain of the Purple Orcas, Gueldre Poizot." His teeth were showing, and it made me wonder how he's keeping it like that. 'He kinda looks... Captain Creepy..' I shivered.

"The Captain of the Coral Peacocks, Dorothy Unsworth." She's sleeping while walking? How does she not bump into anything?!

"The Captain of the Azure Deer, Rill Boismortier." He looked rather young to be a captain, and he has fluffy looking hair. 'Hmm... Captain Fluff?' Now that's adorable...

It seems like each of the Captains have something or a feature that stood out from everyone else. The braid, mark, scar, beauty, teeth, sleep walking, fluffy hair, and the intimidating guy from earlier. Everyone suddenly began to cheer when another Captain walked in.

"The Captain of the most powerful Magic Knights Squad, the Golden Dawn, William Vangeance." I stared at his odd mask, and as I did, I noticed him glance at me. 'The mask... Captain Masky?' I tilted my head, thinking of a better nickname.

I continued to stare at him and I blinked. For a split second, I saw that he looked like another person. I was taken aback. I turned to Asta and Yuno to see if they noticed it too, but it seems like they didn't. I frowned and shook my head. 'I'm probably just seeing things..'

I saw the Captain from earlier take a seat as he yawned. "Candidates," Captain Masky started, "Sorry to keep you waiting, I will be conducting this exam. Magic Tree, Descend!" He casted a spell, making the sky darken and a huge tree to descend from the sky and make brooms for each one of us.

'So this is the man who's closest to the Wizard King.' The three of us thought as Captain Masky closed his grimoire. "We will now begin the Magic Knights Entrance Exam." He said, still smiling.

"We will now have you all take several tests. The nine of us will evaluate your performance, and then we will select the candidates that we would like to add to our squads. If chosen, you will take that squad. If you're chosen by more than one squad, you may choose the squad you would like to join. On the other hand, those who are not chosen by any Captain are not qualified to join the Magic knights. For the first exam, we will have you get on those brooms and fly." He announced, and I looked at the broom in my hand.

'But I only flew on a broom once or twice back in Hage..' I gulped, nervous on how I should fly the broom.

"Mages who can control their magical powers should be able to do this instinctively. It is the most basic way for mages to travel. If you cannot fly on a broom, you shouldn't even be here. Alright, begin."