Chapter 1- Not Suprised

* William picture, Alexis POV*

It's nine o'clock at night. William should be home by now but he's too busy doing some girl right now. I move the wine around in my cup lazily staring at my huge diamond on my finger. It was all perfect. All too perfect. Married for eight years strong, a picture perfect couple as people say. William was a very successful lawyer at the time and I married him right in the prime of his career. Of course he needed a trophy wife so he wifed me.

It was all peaches and cream for four years of our marriage. Felt like we had a kingdom on top of cloud nine. Until one night I came home and found a pair of lingerie underwear on the floor and him stepping out of the shower. I didn't tell him what I had found because I was so devastated that the man I loved was sleeping around with another woman and I didn't want to hear the truth nor lose him.

I cried for months. Crying didn't help because it only got worse. When he came home I would hug him and find a lipstick stain or make up on the crisp colar of his shirt.

Or he'd come home in the middle of the night very drunk and the stench of alcohol and her perfume would linger on his clothes.

No what about this one.

I called him on a business trip late at night and a female picked up his phone while he was in the shower. Or the time I caught him in a restaurant with some woman lip locking at the table.

I honestly don't know why I have been taking this. I would have been gone. I guess I want us to look perfect and turn a blind eye to his affairs. Honey don't get it twisted I am enjoying the money he is bringing in and I spend it very much. He doesn't mind. I'm surprised he hasn't left me yet. He still loves me very much and he still treats me like his number one Queen in the world. He doesn't know I know about his affairs but he knows I'm not dumb.

I'm just tired of not being treated the way I should be. I set down my fifth glass of wine when I herd the front door open and shut. He walked in and set down his brief case with a smile.

" Hello pumkin. I see you waiting up for me." He said with his beautiful English accent.

I smiled walking over giving him a hug. His hands roamed my body and I rolled my eyes and noticed the red lipstick print on his neck.

" Give me a kiss." I pecked his lips but he had other plans locking his lips with mine shoving his tongue in my mouth.

" William I stayed up all night waiting for you to come home, darling. What's been keeping my lovely husband away from me?" I pouted playing along.

" Work darling work." He walked passed me taking off his tie.

" William."

" Yes?"

" Where have you really been?"

I folded my arms staring at him. He froze for a little then slowly turned to me with a confused look on his face.

" I don't understand?" He squinted his hazel eyes.

" I know you weren't at work. I called your office five times and you didn't pick up."

" I was busy, love."

" I went up to the office William." I said bored. He raised an eyebrow.

" When?"

" Seven o'clock."

" I went to dinner with a colleague." I frowned.

" You said you were working." He sighed rolling his eyes.

" It was a business dinner Alexis. Where is all this coming from?" He walked over to me towering over me rubbing my arms.

" Your just never home William...our marriage is falling apart-"

" No no no..listen love. It's not falling apart we just need to spice'n it up a bit yeah?" He kissed my lips and it went pretty far.

We were making out on the couch until his phone started ringing. He turned his head to grab it but I pulled his lips back to mine.

" Ignore it."

" I can't love I'm sorry." He picked it up gently sitting me on the couch.

" Hello?...Emergency?... What happened?... Okay okay I'm on my way." He hung up grabbing his jacket.

" William where are you going?'' I asked following him to the door.

" Uh an emergency at the firm I'll be back soon okay?" I sighed. He grabbed my chin giving me a kiss.

" I love you babe...don't forget that. I will always love you, I'm in love with you no matter what. Alright?" I nodded and he gave me another kiss.

I held back my stinging tears. I refuse to cry about this. I haven't cried over this for three years now and I won't start today. I just need to get out of here. To leave.

I packed a few few suit cases loading them all in the car. I wrote him a note leaving my wedding ring next to it. I grabbed my purse taking a shot of vodka and looked at my beautiful home one time before leaving.

I stopped at an ATM and pulled out a hardy amount of cash from my secret bank account. Hell this money will last me all the way to heaven and then some. I can't take an airplane or private jet because he will be notified so I'm driving. Scratch that. Getting the hell out of here.