19- green, pt 2

"You look so good in green, I hope you're well. And you look so good with her. And I'm proud of you still."
-cavetown

When we arrived at the restaurant, it was around 8:30. Just in time for our reservation.

The sun was setting on the drive here. I felt a pang in my heart when I saw it, because I know it's one Ponyboy would love. I bet he's watching it right now. I ran my hand over the sun pendant on my necklace from him. I still haven't taken it off, I just wear it tucked underneath my shirt collars.

The restaurant was so beautiful. There were indoor tables which we had to pass through. The whole interior was dimly lit. Fancy white tablecloths were on each table with candles and everything.

Our table was outside. There were these big glass doors which led to the "backyard" area. Out there were tons of tables, all of them were underneath this big canopy thing. The ceiling of it had fairy lights all around it and they connected to a big chandelier in the middle. It was just so pretty.

As we were walking toward the back, I fell in step behind everyone else. I stopped dead in my tracks.

There, at a table on the left, were Ponyboy and Cherry. Ponyboy was wearing a nice sweater that brings out the color of his green eyes, and a pair of nice black jeans. The sweater was almlst the exact same gray green color of his eyes. He looked amazing. He looked so good in green.

Cherry wore a tight black dress and nude heels. Sitting across from them were two adults who looked to be in their late forties, and it was easy to tell they were Cherry's parents. Wow. They were serious enough to have him meet her parents.

I felt a pang of jealousy. It was the first time I'd felt anything in a while. Anything other than sad. I needed a cigarette or a shot of alcohol or something. But I had absolutely nothing.

This is so stupid. That should be me! And if Ponyboy had been dating me, he wouldn't even have to worry about meeting my parents. My mom already loves him.

Speaking of my mother, she didn't seem to notice them. I almost lost every one. I looked away and jogged to catch up. Once I did, we had just gotten to our table. We sat down and the waiter, who was around Randy and I's age, asked what we'd like to drink.

Randy got a soda, and Josh ordered a bottled of wine for him and mom.

"I'll just have water please," I said when he looked to me.

He smiled brightly and gave a nod, scribbling it down on his notebook. He looked up again, his eyes only on me. He looked me over quickly, blushed, and walked away.

"That guy was totally checking you out," Randy commented.

My mom laughed. "Did you see the way his face turned red! So funny! Don't you think he's cute, Kaylee?"

I shrugged in response. I hadn't really gotten a good look at him. His hair was blonde and long and floppy. His eyes were... well, I don't know. I couldn't get a good look at him.

"When he comes back, you should get his number," my mom continued. She's always like this. Can't wait until I start dating.

"Why? I don't want to." I said.

"Why wouldn't you? Take a chance!" My mom said. Now I was getting frustrated. I don't even know the guy, for heavens sake!

"Maybe getting a boyfriend would be good for you," Josh added and chuckled, "maybe it would finally get you out of your room."

You have got to be kidding me.

"Who are you to say what's good for me?" I shot back rudely. He stopped laughing and looked down. Everyone at the table went quiet.