𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟑 | 𝑾𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒑𝒆𝒏𝒆𝒅 𝒂𝒕 𝑮𝒂𝒍𝒎𝒂 |

Start from the beginning

"For starters, theft of a Royal Vessel," our bannerman says.

"You have got to be joking," Darren turns to me. "This is a joke, isn't it?"

"We are not joking, Darren. We are completely serious," I tell my cousin as the guards approach to restrain them.

We managed to get through the crowd and were met by the Duke himself, Danielle's uncle. He welcomed us warmly and took us to the throne room where we were soon met by the "happy couple" and the rest of the Duke's court. A feast had been prepared and there were flowers and decorations all around. For a hastened wedding, they seemed to have everything sorted out. I wanted to do this in private, but Darren demanded to know what we were doing there.

"Wha- don't touch me!" he shakes them off outraged, and his own guards, Datramites, step in to protect them. "If anyone should be placed under arrest if that friend of yours, Lord Stryder. He kidnapped me," Darren states for all to hear, pointing at himself. As if there was any doubt who he was referring to in his last sentence.

The crowd starts hushing and out guards hesitate.

I knew he'd bring this up.

"He did not," I reply calmly. "That was Prince Dean. And he was acting under the orders of King James," I state for all to hear.

"And it doesn't negate the fact that your Highness and the Lady stole one of our vessels," Peter adds, reeling the conversation back to topic.

"You said I could make use of your ships anytime I so desired," Darren turns to me accusingly as if I had somehow set him up.

Is he serious? "I said you were always welcome to request a vessel. You cannot simply take a ship whenever you please,"

"That's all technicalities," Darren huffs. "If the ship's what you're here for, she's in the port. Feel free to take her back. But I'm telling you, that's all you'll be taking back. Lady Danielle and I are going nowhere," Darren says, taking Danielle's hand and trying to leave, but our guards block their path. His guards are about to take out their swords. If we don't go the other route, this will turn into a bloodshed. This really leaves us with no other choice.

"The ship is not the only reason we came all the way here," I add. "And those are not the only charges,"

He huffs and turns back to face us.

"Very well, do go on," he says annoyed and I look back at the bannerman, motioning for him to continue and read the rest.

"Lady Danielle you are hereby charged with theft of a royal vessel, abandonment of your courtly duties, and harbouring of a criminal,"

"What?" she asks outraged. "Which criminal?!"

"Prince Darren," I say as emotionless as I can and the room gasps.

"That's ridiculous, I am not a criminal, I am a Prince. And she didn't steal any ship," Darren defends her as our guards move forward and his stand clear of the path tho her. They, however, still protect Darren.

"Let go of me you fools!" she struggles, but she is no match to our Narnian guards.

"I'm afraid that's a matter to be determined at court," Peter states. "Bannerman, proceed,"

"Prince Darren: for theft of a royal vessel, disobeying a royal command, evading your royal duties, and breaking of the Old Laws, you are hereby placed under arrest," our bannerman reads.

"What? Those charges are ridiculous! You have no authority!" Darren shouts at us. His guards look very confused. "And you know King James got rid of the old marriage laws when his rule began, that accusation is unfounded," he points me.