Family Hunting Trip

Start from the beginning

Castiel "I think I may have a lead on Lucifer. I found a police report in Cleveland about a man whose eyes flared a glowing red. It could be Lucifer in a new body."

Dean nodded  " All right. Yeah, that sounds like something. We should go check it out."

Castiel shook his  head "No. The Devil is free because of me. Finding him is my responsibility."

Sam " Cass, you're gonna want some backup on this."

Castiel " If it is him, I will call you. In the meantime, I think you're needed here."

Then he walked away. 

Dean asked confused " The hell was that about?"

Sam "Mom?"

Dean asked confused  " What are you talking about? Mom's fine."

Sam " Sure. I heard her walking around all night last night. I mean don't you think she seems a bit...withdrawn? You know...shaky?"

We walked back into the kitchen and sat down at the table. 

Dean "Of course she's shaky. She hasn't been on this planet since Jane Fonda was wearing leg warmers. Look, all she needs is a little R&R. You know, some good family time...she'll be aces."

Sam nodded " Yeah."

Mary walked in. 

Sam, Dean and i nodded "hey"

Mary had cut her hair shorter.

She smiled "Hey. Hi.

Sam " Hey. Morning."

Her face lit up when she saw the bacon on the plate "Ooh."

Sam " Oh, we can fry up some more. That's – that's probably cold by now mom."

She grabbed a piece of bacon " It's bacon."

Then she ate it. 

Dean nodded impressed  "Wow. We are SO related."

Mary and Dean laughed. 

Sam eyed her "Did you cut your hair?"

Mary " I'm gonna keep it short if I'm gonna go out on a hunt, you know? Why give the bad guys the advantage of long pullable hair right?"

Dean " Wow. I've been trying to tell Sam that for years."

Sam shot him a look. 

I drove a hand through my hair "yeah, i've thought about that too but never really did it"

Mary asked confused "why not?"

Dean drove a hand through my hair "nah, i like your hair like this"

I gestured to Dean while looking at Mary, amused  "there's your answer"

Sam asked " Did you say, uh, "going out on a hunt"?"

Mary nodded  " I found a case."

Sam " I thought you were still struggling with even the IDEA of the Internet."

Mary " I had Dean pick up some newspapers when he went into town."

Sam and i looked at Dean. 

Dean's eyes widened " Whoa, whoa. I...You didn't tell me you were looking for a case."

Mary shook  her head " I wasn't. I just...found one. Minnesota. Two dead, locked room. Victims had put in a call about a crying baby. But the place was empty. The only thing at the scene as their bodies. Been five days, and the coroner still hasn't put out a cause of death. Seemed fishy."