" Drina I need you." Allison said linking her arm with mine as we walked to my locker.
" What's wrong now?"
" I am officially inviting you to my aunt's funeral this afternoon."
" Why would I go to the funeral of the lady that tried to kill me?"
" Because I need moral support and really don't want to be there by myself."
" Fine. But I'm not wearing a dress."
" Thank you!"
She ran off happily.
I was just walking to lunch when I got pulled into a class room.
They put their hand on my mouth, I bit their hand and elbowed them in the gut.
"Ah! It's me!"
I turn and see Jackson bent over in pain.
"Geez dude don't do that!" I said hitting his head.
"Sorry my fault. I had something to tell you."
"What?"
He pulled his shirt up to show me a healing bite!!
"What did you do?"
"Derek gave me the bite."
"Are you insane!!!!!! Why would you want the bite?!"
"Because think of the benefits. Enhanced hearing, healing, speed, strength. I wanted to ask you if you wanted him to give you the bite too."
"Nein I told him and Peter nien. I have no need to become one. I'm happy as I am."
"Alright so I'm going to live forever and you're going to die. Is that how it is. I want us to both be wolves so neither of us die and I don't have to worry so much when you go to the Navy."
"Jackson that's almost sweet but nein. Im ok with dieing if that's what God wants."
"Drina!" He put his hands over my shoulders and had me against the wall.
"I'm doing this for both of us!"
I took my knee to his nuts and slipped out of the cage made with his arms.
"Jackson you said you would never pressure me to do anything. You just did." I said leaving the room and walking out of the school.

Jackson POV
"You did what!!!!!?!!" Danny shouted at me from the goal as we were practicing.
"I know. Argh I'm such an idiot."
"Yes you are."
"What was I thinking?! She's gonna hate us now."
"Ah you. She's going to hate you now. I'm still the awesome best friend." He said handing me the goalie stick as we switched places.
"So what do I do?"
"I don't know man. This is your can of worms that you have to fix."
"I don't even know what happened. It's like my subconscious was watching it happen but I couldn't do anything."
"Yeah that's minor possession. Might want to get that looked at after you fix this with Drina." I was going to say something when I got a lacrosse balls to my lower abdomen.
What am I wearing a target on my shirt or something?!
"Was that on purpose?" I asked bent over in pain, groaning.
"Yes. Now that I got that out of my system. We can figure out how to get her back." He said with his arm around my shoulder as we walked back to the locker room.

Drina POV
I headed home to change for the funeral. Allison is lucky she's my best friend because otherwise I would not be doing this.
I put on my black jeans with black v neck shirt with purple spirals everywhere,my black Blazer and boots. Did my hair in a braid with my usual makeup.
I saw Allison's car outside, grabbed my bag and headed to the car. Dad knew I was going. I told him Allison asked me to go, which was true.
"Thank you for joining us Drina." Mrs. Argent said as we drove to the cemetery that Issac works at.
I saw reporters and camera people everywhere.
"Why all the paparazzi?" I said when we pulled up looking around.
"We had to release saying she was dead because Kate was a murderer to put the public at ease." Mr. Argent said before he got out. Oh great. Please let nobody recognize me.
Various questions and statements where shouted at us as the police let us through, I had my head down and arm linked with Allison who had her head down also as we walked through the mob.
"Do people not have respect anymore?" Mrs. Argent said angrily as we got to the coffin.
"Guess not. This is how it was when the girls and I were found." I said taking a seat next to Allison.
I looked over and saw Matt with his camera when this old guy came and took the card from the camera and crush it. He came over and hugged Mr and Mrs Argent.
"Well Allison I don't suppose you remember me so I can't expect you to call me grandpa. So how about Gerard." He said with a kinda freaky smile.
"This is my best friend Drina." Allison said to avoid giving an answer to him. Which is understandable.
"Hello Drina. That's German right. Das sprechen sie deutsch?" Of course he speaks German.
"Ja, ich bin sprechen sie Deutsch. Woher kannst du deutsch?"
(Translation is- yes I speak German. How do you know German?)
"I spent some time there after the war."
Doesn't surprise me that he was in ww2 looks old enough.
I nodded as some more people came over.
The ceremony was small and annoying due to the paparazzi everywhere. I invited Allison to sleep over my house but she declined saying she wants to hear what they are going to talk about.
When I got home I saw a box on my kitchen counter. I knew it wasn't from my dad or brother cause they were both out.
I grabbed the stake knife from the box set and placed it in my hand ready to attach the person hiding somewhere in my house. I went into the pantry to see a shadow from under the door. Got cha.
I opened the door and in one motion I put my left hand on their chest and pushed them against the wall with my knife at their throat.
Damn it it's just Jackson.
"What the hell are you doing? And how did you get in?!" I said to his face my grip on the Handle of the blade.
"I got the key from Danny! Please don't kill me!" He said with fear in his voice. Good he's scared.
I let go and walked back to the counter and placed the knife next to me as I sat down on the bar stool.
"So I'm guessing you have a great explanation as to why you're in my house. Go." I said as he stood there. I'm still very pissed off at him.
"I'm sorry. For trying to pressure you into getting the bite, for being an ass sometimes, and maybe caring too much. I just want you safe. Your my family."
"Jackson I know you care and you don't care too much it just gets annoying when you care so much but then tell me not to worry. We aren't kids anymore. instead of you taking care of me. How about we take care of each other?"
"I can work with that." He said with a smile as he pulled me into a hug.
"Now open the box."
"What's in it?"
"Just open."
I looked at the box closely seeing it has air holes cut in it.
I opened it to find a kitten!?
Laughing I picked her up and held her.
"You know Jackson whitmore is really sorry when he gives you a cat." I said looking at him with a smile.
"Well Danny and I remembered that you have always wanted one so here. And I actually asked your dad and everything and he's cool with the cat."
My smile grew bigger as I put the kitten down and hugged Jackson.
"Thank you." I whispered in his ear as we hugged.
He was about to say something else when I saw black coming from his nose.
"Jackson why are you bleeding?"

"When a newly bitten human starts bleeding black blood it means their body is trying to resist the bite." I read from my notebook as he sat at my desk holding a towel to his nose with his head back.
"So how do we stop it?" He said moving his head forward only for me to put his head back as it was.
"I'm not sure, Derek asked me to come to his new place after school tomorrow I'll ask him." I said taking my pajama shirt away from Cyclone the cat. Yes I named the cat Cyclone.
"For now I guess we treat it like a normal nose bleeds. which is this." I said gesturing to him.
"Oh great." He said muffled by the towel.
I drove him home in his car then started walking back home when a certain Chevy Camaro pulled up next to me.
"Need a ride?" Derek said when he rolled the window down.
"Yeah sure." I said honestly I'm really tired it's been a long day.
"Why are you walking home late at night and why so you smell like a cat?" Derek asked as he drove me home.
"Jackson gave me a kitten as an apology for being an ass earlier."
"How every man should apologize." He said laughing.
"Well I only need one cat so if you do anything that warrants you needing to apologize to me. Chocolate is good for me." I said looking at him with a smile. We got back to my house before getting out he gave me a piece of paper.
"This is my new address."
"Got it. Good night." I gave him a kiss on the cheek and got out of the car and walked up to my front door. Knowing he was there making sure I was safe.