Percy POV: What happened with Anubis?

When I heard a call, I looked around. When my eyes found Sadie, I smiled. She seemed alright.

I greeted her, and she grinned freely. Something seemed wrong. I never saw her so happy. How come she is so relaxed? Not like it is a problem, but still. I am a curious person.

The next few minutes were weird. I asked her about Anubis, but she acted like she didn't know about anything. When she had enough of me (that happens quite often with people) she snapped at me, and I dropped the topic. I gave a short peck on her neck, and she turned to kiss me.

Somehow, it was different this time. She was more passionate, like she didn't have to hold herself back anymore. She smiled in our kiss, and I gave up thinking. I rather used the moment for myself.

I asked one last question about Anubis, but she answered the same way.

What happened? Why doesn't she remember Anubis? Is she just lying? As I caught her eyes, I knew she was honest.

Oh well, this doesn't change anything, does it? Should I tell her that she has a crush on someone else? That would just jail her again.

I decided to keep quiet.

The next moment Chiron was galloping towards us. He led us to the Great House, and gave Sadie a box. He told us about a prophecy I never heard before. I looked at Sadie. She didn't look troubled. She never had to fulfil a prophecy. She didn't know yet that a prophecy meant a mission. She has been through so much, the thing she needed the most was another trauma in her life (mark the sarcasm). She kept on studying the box silently, as we headed back to the arena.

I went back to practising with the Riptide. I blocked out the world as I stabbed my straw figure.

Attack from the right side, then from the left. Repeat.

I turned to take a sip out of my bottle, when I saw Sadie throwing the box away. I went over to her, and told her to let go of it for a little. She nodded, still angry at herself.

"After stopping Set, awakening Ra and destroying Apophis, I can't deal with a bloody box!" she muttered.

For the rest of the month, we ignored the box.