Sadie POV: Escape from the 21st Nome

It has been a month since we destroyed the shadow of that bloody snake, and we can finally believe that we are in no major danger, though we are the Kanes, so who knows what will happen next...

Anyway, I got out of bed and started picking out clothes for the day. I took out a ripped black pair of jeans and add a white T-shirt having the tyet symbol on it. I tugged it into my jeans and combed my hair. I looked into the mirror and checked what I chose for the last time. I took on my combat boots and took off to have breakfast.

Everyone was sitting at the table, except Alyssa, Cleo, and Walt. I smirked since that little bookworm Cleo always forgot that there is a thing called time, and got lost in here books in the library. I went to Carter and whispered

„I going to get the others a minute and I am here." he nodded and continued eating. I strode towards the library, and I was right. At the middle table, Cleo was encoding some weird language I didn't recognize. I went over to her, gently patted her shoulder and said:

"Its breakfast" She nodded and told the shabti to go back to their places, then came with me. Then I went for Alyssa. I was pretty sure that she was in the pottery room, because she followed the path of Geb, the earth god, and she was raised in a potter family. I didn't find her there, so I went outside to the place where we get the clay for the shabti, but she wasn't there either. I guess she overslept, so I went to her room. Every initiate had her/his room, and all were fitted to their personality and taste.

I knocked, but no answer. I tried to open the door, but since she closed it with a lock I couldn't do much, so I said: "open" in ancient Egyptian and the door opened. Her bedroom was empty, but I heard a thump in her bathroom... I approached her bathroom door and slightly opened it, but the second I did so, I wish I didn't. Inside stood Walt (yes Walt), and Alyssa kissing. Alyssa had cinnamon-coloured hair, and it was curly. Her skin was coffee-with-milk colored. Her hand was around Walt's neck. Walt had his hand in Alyssa's hair, and around her waist. They didn't see me. I was shocked, and all my apatite went away. I could not believe what I was seeing. I held back my tears as I raced to my room. I put all kinds of charms and light curses on my door wrote a note to Carter in our secret "code".

"Brother dear, don't come searching for me. I will never come back. If you wanna know why ask Walt and Alyssa."

When I was done I opened a portal and jumped in it.

I arrived somewhere in Manhattan since I could see the Empire State Building real close, but honestly, I didn't care. I chose a place under a huge pine, put a few protective charms around it, added an invisibility spell on myself, and then let out my sobs that I have held back.