Sadie POV: Chat with Carter

Everything was black. Everything hurt. Why am I still conscious? Why can't I be without feeling already! This is just so bloody unfair! I felt being lifted by something... and suddenly I could feel the scent of the ocean and warmth. I wanted to get closer to that comforting something, but I just couldn't move. I could feel the shock of that something. I also felt that it is deeply lost in its thoughts. I felt being moved away from where I have collapsed.

Then there was a sudden stop.

I felt myself falling deeper and deeper into.... into something. I felt the pain decrease but the moment I dared to feel relieved I started to feel like someone threw me into fire. I wanted to scream to the something: "Stop! Stop it hurts!" but I couldn't. I felt being moved again, then being laid down on something soft. Then I noticed fire being pushed down my throat. I started burning up. And that isn't a metaphor. I was burning. Then they stopped.

I was lifted again. The next I felt was water rushing through my clothes, hair, and wound. The salt started cleaning out my scars. It was painful, but after it was over I felt relieved. They raised me from the water. I didn't want to leave the soothing feeling the water gave me.

I could feel myself being lowered onto the most comfortable bed I've ever been in.

And then, I fell asleep.

I didn't have a choice of accepting or declining the 'call' from the Duat since this place didn't have that type of magical protection. So I drifted with the current, and found myself in the mansion, to be more specific, in Carter's room. I could see him crying and muttering to himself. He looked like he aged over ten years and had huge, black patches under his swollen eye. I wanted to say something comforting, so I tried:

"Hullo, brother dear" he jumped with disbelief. "Come on, you seriously thought that I would allow a bloody monster to kill me?" He rushed over to me, trying to crush me with a bear-hug, but he just went through me.

"How? Why?" his voice faltered. I guess he was pretty lost without me. Well, I am not surprised. I AM pretty perfect and lovable.

"Okay, how: I don't know. I passed out after fighting a huge dog, and why: well probably because I am asleep and the Duat felt sorry for you. But don't worry, I am fine..." I guess I added in my thoughts.

"I am going to tell the other that we know you are fine. Sadie, you must come back to the mansion, you aren't safe outside, without protection!" and there he goes again with his 'I am the big brother' attitude. I mentally roll my eyes and reply: "Definitely...NOT. Didn't Walt tell you?" I asked him.

This seemed to make him nervous "He did, but he is very sorry and he wants to apologize the minute you get here." I felt myself fill up with rage at the mention of Walt, but I caught myself in time before I yelled and argued with my nerdy brother when he didn't do anything against me... "No. Not yet. I am not ready to face that hell of a person. I trusted him... no, I loved him, and he cheats on me. Please, understand that I can't. „My voice trailed away.

Then Carter interrupted the silence in the room: „What was all that blood on the ground?" my gods, I really hoped he would forget this question. I cleared my throat and said "Well, I mentioned that dog right?" he nodded glumly "Ummm... Well, he kinda cut open my right side..." In an instant, Carter was up on his feet and rushed to my side. He checked if there any marks of the wound on my ba, but he didn't find anything. "Sadie, this is not a joke, you mustn't wander around without skin on your right side!" he cried and then continued: „at least let Jaz heal them" he pleaded, but I shook my head.

„I know the spell for wounds and broken bones, I can cast them on myself, don't worry. All I need is being conscious." I said. I felt the currents of the Duat trying to pull me back to my body, so I said: „Carter, I must go, I am waking up. Promise me you won't go looking for me until I ask" I said. He opened his mouth to protest, but when he saw the look on my face he agreed.

"Love you Carter" I said, without thinking, and the next second I felt myself blush. „I love you too," he said, with a hint of surprise in his voice.

And I floated back to my body.

I awakened with a boy leaning over me, and being me, I punched him.