Sadie POV : Goodbye

When I was able to scrape myself together from the pieces I've fallen apart to, I started packing.

I was halfway done, when my eyes caught a picture of me and Percy from last week. I didn't have any more tears left to cry, so I became angry.

All this stuff I was packing belonged here. They were here from the day I arrived. Tangled with too many memories to bear.
I took my bag, and shook its content to the ground. I didn't care about anything. I was numb.

Where would I go?

I didn't know.

I tidied the room a bit (I felt a bit guilty for messing everything up, I mean, Poseidon wasn't the one being a jerk), then with a deep breath, I headed out. Percy was sitting on his bunk, head in his hands, as if he was waiting for me.

When he heard my footsteps he looked up, and searched for my eyes. He looked unexplainably empty and sad.

"Sadie, you don't have to leave..." he said.

"Oh, I know." I replied sharply, and he lowered his head, not being able to handle my gaze.

I sighed.

"Goodbye Percy" I said softly. I knew he regretted what he has done, but I couldn't forgive him. All my love faded, and I couldn't see him more than a friend that screwed-up big time. 

His eyes connected with mine again, he stood up, and took my hands in his. I didn't pull away. Not until he does something stupid. I thought.

"I..." he stammered.

" You are sorry. I know, Perce, but that doesn't change a thing" I explained.

"Love you" he finished, and I froze.

"I love you" he repeated, his eyes boring into mine. Pleading, begging for me to change my mind. But it wasn't my mind that needed to be changed, but my heart.

My heart thrummed at an uneven and fast rate, but I couldn't turn back. My mind was made up. I felt sorry for him. I had to leave.

"It is too late Percy." I said, and he looked away defeated. He let go of my hands, and got out of my way towards the door.

Before I left I placed a small kiss on his forehead, then left.

As I walked towards the exit of the camp, I grew more and more sure of my destination.

I couldn't go "home", I couldn't stay, I couldn't endanger my grandparent's life, and I had to scold an idiot.

I was going to the eighth house.

To the Duat.

*********************************

hope you enjoyed it.

comments appreciated :)