Prologue:

It was the morning of the lunar fall festival and the kingdom of Alexandria was filled with joy as the city has quickly filling with packs from all over the kingdom.  This festival would be an extra special celebration as the news of the queens expectant delivery of the new heir any day put that extra step in everyone's feet.   When the news of the upcoming birth reached the people of Alexandria, most were over joyed with the news that their would be a new heir to the kingdom.  The king and queen were loved terribly by the packs they reigned over.  Never with malice or fear, but only love and understanding.  Sure there was plenty of bad elements in the kingdom, mainly revolving around jealousy.  These jealous few had decided that today would be the perfect day to take their revenge and take what they saw as theirs. 
    As the king sat with his seemingly calm wife as she's preparing for birth, his focus is not on the growing concerns in the kingdom, or the death glares he's getting from his brother, his eyes are looking only to his wife.   To him she was the most precious and most beautiful creature the goddess ever created.  The queen was truly a beauty to be hold.  Many loved her kind heart, but that heart only belonged to her king. 
  The room was lit with many candles hanging from the ceiling and walls.   Within the room of the king and queen sat a rather large bed currently begin occupied by the queen, king and omega doctors of the royal pack.  When it came to the birth of his pup, the king wasn't taking any chances, he allowed only his most trusted omegas and right hand beta to be by his side during this special event.   The beta was the kings younger brother, the jealous and very secretive man waited with baited breath to see what spawn his 'oh so perfect brother' had made with the woman he wanted as his own.  If there was ever a chance for the beta to take what he believed to be his, then now was the time.  Knowing that he only had one chance to accomplish his task, the beta patiently stood by his brother the king and waited.

     At the same time just across the kingdom in a small town located on the border of the kingdom pack was a small alpha wolf of just 5.  He watched curiously as his mother and father frantically got things together to visit the kingdom and meet the new addition.  His mother was good friends with the queen and she was just so worried for her precious friend; that had her barking orders at the young wolfs poor father as he tried to keep up with his frantic wife's cries.   The little wolf giggled to himself and then ran out to the backyard of his papas pack house wanting to play with his trucks until mama was done being crazy.   The young wolf jumped about zooming his trucks around in the dirt, of course getting himself covered head to toe in the gloriously muddy ground.  Completely unaware to the young wolf but a group of very bad wolves were making their way towards him.   The alpha being ordered around by his wife almost missed the stench of strange new wolves entering his pack lands.   While packing the last bag into the families truck the alpha first felt the tingles rise up his arms, his wolf letting him know that trouble was close by.   Quickly taking in a long breath through his nose the alpha started analyzing and then visualizing where the new threat was coming from.   Throwing his head to the left then right he realized it was to late and the threat was coming from all around him.   Realizing that this was an ambush most likely brought on by a rogue pack, there wasn't much the alpha could do.   He was alone in the pack other then a few random pack families getting ready to leave for the festivities in the kingdom.   The alpha only had a few seconds to think before his world would coming crashing down.   This once peaceful reality he had with his Luna and young pup was now going to be no more.   Taking one more sniff of the air locating where his family is, the alpha runs to his pup first and scoops him into his arms and firmly holds him to his large chest, not even stopping as he continues into the house for his wife. 
     Being a Luna came with its own gifts just like her husband and alpha, Mary could also sense and smell the change in the air.  Watching as her husband rushed into the house with their young pup clutched to his chest, the Luna takes a sad deep breath tears beginning to pour out hear sky blue eyes.  This will be the last time they are going to be together.  There is no way out for them, no not them, but maybe her pup still had a chance.   Running into each others arms the couple take a second to embrace and the alpha holds onto his young family tightly one last time, with a heavy heart the alpha kisses the top of his sons head taking in a breath of his scent that only his pup had, the scent of pine and chocolate; puts down his boy and prepares for what needs to be done.   The young pup not knowing what has happened just begins to sniffle and cry as his parents are now once again running around frantically calling out to each other; this time however its not frantic joy but of utter fear.   The young wolf is rushed downstairs into the basement, a place he dare not go alone as the scary sock monster lived down there and he was not brave enough to face the sock monster alone...heck no.  His parents brought him over to the far left side of the house and then his father bent down pushing away a few random pieces of old family furniture and mismatched belongings to reveal a small metal door in the ground.  The young wolf peered around his mothers leg as he watched his father open up the door and turn on a small light that was hidden inside.   The alpha and luna installed a secret room in their home just in case they ever needed a last resort.  A way to protect their pup if they couldn't.  The room itself wasn't very large, just big enough to fit the young pup and allow him to move about so that if he was trapped inside for sometime he could move and not be stuck in one spot.   The room had shelves of nonperishable foods easy enough for the young wolf to open once hunger set in.   What was special about this room is that it was lined with a flower oils that masked any scent, essentially making the small boxed room hidden to anyone that didn't already know about it. 
     There was loud scream heard outside and the alpha knew time was up.  Kissing his wife and then bending down to be at level with his pup, he looked into his pups eyes, gave him a big hug then whispered a few words to his son.   Standing back up he gave his luna one big strong last kiss full of all his love and passion, tears in his eyes and one last "I will love you forever"  he ran up the stairs and out to his pack hoping to give his wife time enough to hide their pup away from the horror.
     The alpha fought bravely holding off the rouges until his wife appeared by his side.  They fought with everything they had.  The first to fall was the alpha, being the target all along he was soon quickly surrounded by hundreds of wolves.  With one last look to his luna before the end, his neck has ripped apart and his body was torn and eaten by the monstrous rogues.  The luna screamed for the loss of her mate taking out several more rogues viciously ripping their throats out before she too was overwhelmed by the hundreds of rogue wolves laying waste to what was left of the pack.  The young wolf asleep in his box unaware that his life in the pack was no over and a new life would begin.

     It was a brilliant plan, at least that's what the monsters believed.  This was the perfect time to take over the kingdom and have new leadership.   It was time for the rogues to rule.  With the help of an unexpected source the rogues learned how they could take over and the best part they got to kill as much as they wanted until the king was dead.   The plan was simple, during the festival while all packs are at the kingdom, it would be the perfect time to attack.  Taking out the small packs that were around the kingdom first would make sure that no surprises would meet them once they surrounded the kingdom.  Alexandria wasn't a huge kingdom, it mainly got its size from the inclusion of the packs.   So if the rogue army took out the smaller packs first then during the battle they people fleeing would be returning to a pack that was destroyed and taken over by rogues.   It was a trap within a trap.  The rogues source truly was a master at death and the rogues loved his twisted thoughts.  Which is why the rogues followed behind their new master so eagerly.  With the packs now destroyed the rogues send word to their master.  It was time, they are ready.   Let the massacre begin.