Chapter Nine

It took an hour and half to finish the practice, when it ended Ran was about to leave but Marco was fast enough to catch up with her.  Marco called her attention that made her look at him.

" Yes, Marco? " She said with a smile. Marco then scratch his back neck.

" Well, I wanted to ask you if you can go to the Pastry shop for the food testing, Elise is not feeling well " Marco said.

" Is she fine? Of course " Ran said with worry, Marco smiled at her assuring her Elises' well being.

After their short conversation, Ran went straight to the Pastry shop Marco had told her. When she got their she was immediately escorted to a room filled with different kinds of pastry. She took a sit and waited for the groom but when she looked at the door, Ran was shocked to see Damon entering the room.

She stood up scowling at him " What are you doing here? Where's Marco?" Ran said her voice was raising because of frustration.

Damon only put his two hands in the air, telling her he was innocent " Woah, calm down Analise, Marco sent me here because he'll be late " Damon explained to her.

Ran only nodded and went back to her sit. They were both silent when the wedding coordinator arrived and started their food tasting. A lot of food were placed on their table and the three of them had positively agreed to one dish every serve. When five slice's of different cake varieties were served Ran and Damon had unconsciously choose opposite flavors.

" Chocolate/Mocha " they both said in unison. Ran scowled at Damon but he only gave her a smirk.

Before Ran can speak out her mind, she simply coughed and looked somewhere else avoiding Damon's eyes " Well, chocolate's better but let's go to mocha instead " Ran said to avoid having a conversation with him.

Damon chuckled slightly that made Ran look at him with a raised brow " what are you chuckling at? " She said with irritation.

" Well, it's a first to hear you not complain. " Damon explained that made Ran more confused.

He only smiled and went closer to Ran, making her lean backwards. Their eyes met as Damon slowly explained why " The last time you chose chocolate, you won't even stopped complaining until I agree to your favorite " her breathe hitched remembering what he said.

She smiled bitterly at the memory " ah yes, the time I found out that you were playing me like a fool " Damon's eyes went sad after she said those words.

Ran looked away and Damon had gone back to his place, simply coughing to avoid the awkward atmosphere " I'll go with Ran if she says chocolate is good then I trust her taste " Damon said to the wedding coordinator who only nodded at them.

When they were done doing the food tasting for the wedding, Ran immediately took her things and went out the Pastry shop, she didn't notice Damon was following until she was grabbed by her elbow and was pulled back to face him.

" What is it, Damon? " Ran said monotonously.

" Ran, let's talk " Damon said with a serious face.

Ran wanted to slap his face but she knew it was useless, she only laughed without humor. " Why do we need to talk, Damon? " She asked monotonously.

" I wanted — " Damon couldn't say it directly and he only looked at her eyes pleadingly to say yes.

" Wanted to what? " Ran couldn't help it, she's now infuriated at him for letting him remember their painful break up. Because of her anger rising, she slapped Damon very hard and finished her sentence " you wanted to talk about how you successfully made me a fool for 6 months?! How you played my feelings easily like a ball?! Or how you broke my fragile heart into a million pieces the day you confirmed you were engaged to a beautiful woman " she said bursting out all her pain.