Chapter Six

After the incident, Ran immediately excused herself at the party. Elise didn't want her to leave but because she wasn't feeling well, she had let her leave to take a rest.

When Ran got to the villa, she did not bother to look at the maids and had immediately ran to her room  locked and the door. She lean her head on the door, as her hand was on her chest feeling her palpitating heart. Ran was still shocked at Damon's words at the same time frustrated at her feelings. She shouldn't feel any bit of hope at what Damon said. She knew what will be the consequences, in the end she will get hurt.

She took a deep breath and and exhaled calmly, she decided to take a relaxing bath. Minutes later, she had gone down to the tub and sighed in satisfaction, but even a relaxing bath couldn't take away Ran's worries. As she slowly cleaned herself on the tub, her memories of the past resurfaced on her thoughts.

F L A S H B A C K:

It was Ran's graduation day. She was smiling happily because she would leave Colegio de Sto. Tomas - Recoletos as an honor student. Her aunt Emelda and uncle Hector was clapping proudly at her as she took her award and diploma. At an early age she became an orphan because her parents died on a car accident. But despite of her misfortune she was blessed to have a loving and caring gaurdian's. They treated her like their own child and now they were so proud at her achievements.

As the ceremony ended, they immediately left San Carlos City to go home. An hour and half later, they've arrived at their Villa at exactly 7:40. Ran didn't knew there was a celebration happening, but she was surprised that her three cousins and other family members had surprised her.

It was a very happy evening for her, laughing and fooling around with her family. The next day, Ran with her three cousins decided to have a horseback race to their favorite place. As they started the race, Ran was the first one to arrive at their favorite hang out, when she noticed a luxurious car was going towards their villa, moments later her two cousins arrived.

" Hey it's not fair " Elise exclaimed, which Ran only laughed.

" You my dearest cousin have to practice more in order to beat me " Ran said while laughing. Graciela just giggled at Elise when Nikko had arrived.

" Aw not fair I was the last " Ran smiled and then remembered there was a luxurious car going to their villa.

" Hey Nikko, do you happened to know Uncle Hector has an unexpected visitor? " Ran asked which made Nikko frown.

" No, why'd you asked, Ran " Nikko said curiously

" Well, when I got here I saw a luxurious car driving down to our villa " She explain which made Nikko realised something.

" Sh*t I forgot " without explanation Nikko left the three girls confused.

" What's happening? " Elise asked Ran and Graciela, which the two girls shrugged in confusion.

The three girls, stayed a little longer to have a girls bonding. Meanwhile, at the Nevascues Villa, Nikko had immediately run to the front door to welcome his guest. When he got to the front He saw his mom smiling at his best friend.

" Nikko hijo, ngaa how way ka gasabat samon may ara ka bisita ( why didn't you tell us you have a visitor) " He just smiled at her mom. He forgot to inform them because he was too occupied at the party and missed her sibling and cousin.

" Sorry mama, daw nalipat ko subong sa pag hambal sa inyo, may ara danay ko bisita ( I forgot to tell you , I was expecting a visitor ) " Nikko said while scratching his back neck.

As Nikko and her mom were exchanging words, Damon was amused to hear their language. He smiled a bit but faded when he heard a gil's voice coming out from the hallway.

" Auntie Emelda, our poor guest is a bit lost at our language " The girl said as she went near to her aunt and did a 'mano po' ( a/n: a Filipino gesture which is practiced by many, to show respect for the elders. )

Nikko's mom smiled at Ran, and Nikko just mentally thanked Ran for saving him. Ran only smiled at the mother and son, and face their guest. She smiled at Nikko's friend but she pause as she was fascinated at the man's eye color. For a second she was lost at his beautiful eyes but got back to her senses when Graciela spoke and bumped her a bit.

" Nikko, why don't you introduce your friend here " Graciela said, giving Ran a your- welcome look.

" uhm, everyone meet my best friend, Damon Vicente " Nikko said, while Damon smiled at everyone and simply looked at the girl named Ran.

" Well it's nice to meet you, Damon. I am Emelda, Nikko's mom and this three young ladies at my side are his siblings " Mrs. Nevascues said while the three girls said Hello in unison.

After their introduction, Mrs. Nevascues had invited everyone for an afternoon snack at the garden. As they all went their. Elise couldn't stop giggling while Graciela couldn't stop nudging Ran, because on their way to the garden their visitor keep glancing at Ran silently while talking to Nikko. Ran only laughed at her two cousins reaction. She knew the man was only eyeing her because she would be his next victim.

The moment Ran saw the man, she knew he was a lady's man, so she didn't bother to get his attention. Ran like the man and she was alright at short term flings. She didn't have time to have a serious relationship because she still has a dream to fulfill.

When they were all settled at the garden, they all started to have their snacks, while they were all having a good conversation. As time passed by, Mrs. Nevascues left for important matters, not long Graciela and Elise left to have their afternoon siestas, until Nikko had eventually asked Ran to accompany Damon while he helps his father at their business. When they were the only ones left, there was a cold thick silence covering between them.

" Well this is awkward " Ran said to herself which Damon had heard and smiled at her.

" Then let's not make it awkward, Ms. — " Damon was figuring her name which made Ran smile at him. Damon didn't know why but his heart had suddenly beating fast but he thought it was the coffee.

" Rina Analise Nevascues or most of them call me Ran " Damon wanted to smile wider at how she explained her name.

" Can I call you Analise then? " Damon asked Ran, which made the girl smile.

" Hmm, then I can call you Mon instead of Damon? " He wanted to laugh at how she handles their conversation but he only answered with a smile.

After they agreed at what they would call each other they had shake their hands. Ran couldn't help but feel something different when their hands touch but she just dismissed. Damon felt different once he felt Analises' touch, for some reason he wanted her more, he thought maybe it's because he wanted her to be her new collection. Since then they've become very close.

E N D  O F  F L A S H B A C K

Ran opened her eyes, when she heard the loud voices of her cousin's yelling they're home. Ran sighed in sadness as she tried to burry her memories again.