Chapter Eight

Two days had passed since the incident of Ran's room. And today Ran and her family had gone to Talisay City ,where The Ruins was located. The couple had decided to get married at The Ruins, because it had a beautiful tragic story behind the ancestral mansion. It took them half an hour to get to the venue.

As they arrived at the venue they had immediately started to practice the wedding march. They were all listening to the wedding organizer's instructions about the flow of the wedding when Damon had came in late. They've all looked at him and he only scratched his back neck, apologizing he was late.

As they all continued to listen, Damon's eyes were only at Ran's back. Ran felt someone was looking at her but she didn't mind it because she was occupied at listening to the organizer. As the organizer finished her instructions they all went to their places. As they started to march, she was put at the front of the bride making Elise walk last. As the music started to play, all the children who had a part of the march walked slowly until she was next.

As she walked slowly, she froze for a moment but continued to walk, her hazel eyes were only looking at a pair of dark charcoaled eyes, she forgot that Damon was the best man. She continued to walk but her eyes were clear in sadness as she thought in the past that Damon would be the man who will wait at the alter but fate was too cruel on her and that thought was left to be an imagination.

As Damon had stood beside Marco, they were busy talking while the others started to walk when Marco spoke about Analise.

" Hey Damon, Ran's going to walk next " Marco said with a mischievous smile on his face. He then looked at his Analise

Ran froze seeing Damon was the best man, but she slowly continued to walk, not leaving his eyesight. Damon felt like time had froze between them, he saw how sad her eyes was, his heart felt a flinch of pain at her sadness. He didn't knew what was Ran thinking but his thoughts brought him back at the time he realised how he loved her so much.

F L A S H B A C K:

Four years had past, Ran had finally finished her degree in fine arts, she smiled at her family when she had finally found them after going through the crowded field of their school. Ran was then approached with greetings and congratulations but she  couldn't help but feel a pair of eyes was watching her.
Meanwhile, Damon was beside a large tree hiding but good enough to see Ran's graduation rites. When he heard she was finishing college today he immediately left Spain to witness her achievement. He was happy to witness her achieving something she loves, but seeing her reminded him of those unfamiliar emotions he tried to suppress for four years.
Damon was about to leave when he saw Ran hugged a man and kissed him on the cheek. He didn't know what came into him and punch the tree he was hiding. Anger was boiling inside him, jealousy was starting to make him think irrationally, before he could make a scene he left without looking back.
Damon was furious like a child who lost his lollipop, he was being irrational. Irritated at what he acted, unconsciously he called Nikko, he wanted to end the call but it was too late. After a few minutes later, he didn't realise he was already at Ran's graduation party.
The loud music was heard from where he was standing, when he walk to the door, he was about to knock when the door suddenly opened. Shock was clear for Damon and Ran. He didn't knew what to say, when Nikko suddenly arrived.

" Is that Damon, Ran? " A tipsy Nikko said, Ran only nodded and left when Nikko had faced him.

He didn't understand what Nikko said to him, he was immediately pulled inside the party. The whole night Nikko and him were drinking, he only nodded to what Nikko said while his eyes were looking at Ran. The whole night Damon would try to calm himself, every time the guys Ran hugged would flirt with her.

Damon was furious, he didn't notice his anger was rising that made Nikko notice his aura. " What's going on man? " Nikko asked. Before Damon answered he took his drink and gulp it " oh nothing just work, by the way who is that man beside Ran? " He asked casually.

Nikko looked at where he was looking and he immediately frowned " oh that guy, Ran's long term boyfriend, they've been together for a year and a half already " Nikko explained, which made Damon simply gripped his glass tightly.

They continued drinking, Damon was already angry and jealous. He was angry for himself because he let responsibility decide for his life, and he was jealous because he knew already what was the main reason of it. Damon was a fool to deny it but eventually he couldn't take it and embrace it, the pain, jealousy and regret all mixing into one emotion, he tried to get drunk but it was still useless.

When the party ended, he helped Nikko get to his room. When Damon got out of Nikko's room and went down stairs and was about to leave when he saw a familiar figure going to the kitchen. He silently followed her. It was like De já Vu, Damon knew this scene happened for years ago the only difference now is how they've grown.

" What?! Oh come on you cheated on me for 6 months you bastard, oh we're done don't come near me again " Damon heard Ran's last words when he got to the kitchen. He wanted to smile knowing Ran broke up with her boyfriend.

Damon silently leaned on the edge of the door, and silently looked at Ran. She became more sexier and elegant, he said to himself after assessing Ran's figure. When Ran turned to leave she was startled to see Damon leaning on the edge of the door looking at her.

" You need something " Ran said diverting her gaze somewhere else. Damon didn't answer, he only looked at Ran which made her conscious.

" Well if you don't need something I'm going to bed, you already know where the guest rooms — " Ran was cut off by Damon which made Ran nod.

" I'm not staying, I was about to head out when I saw you I followed you to say congratulations " Damon said monotonously.

" Well have a safe trip then and thanks " Ran was about to leave when Damon blocked her path.

" Ran " Damon said softly, which made Ran looked away.

" What do you want Damon? " Ran said while she looked somewhere else.

Damon took a deep breathe, giving all his might to tell her what he wanted to say " I wanted to talk about what happened before, I wanted to — " Ran look at him and cut him off.

" There's nothing to talk about Damon it was in the past, it was a one night mistake, let's not talk about it " Ran said, Damon was shocked and furious to what he heard.

Ran attempted to leave but her wrist was caught by Damon, she looked at him blankly " No it was not a mistake, Ran. I'm sorry if I left without a word, fuck I even regretted going to Spain but you were too young that time and I still had responsibilities to face, I'm sorry if I had hurt your ego I'm sorry. I love you too much to ruin your future Ran. " Ran was caught off guard at Damon's outburst, but a tear had fallen from her eye. She thought Damon didn't loved her when he left the next day she was hurt badly because she was about to confess for her feelings.

After that incident, she focused on her studies, until she met her ex. Ran knew she was still in love with Damon but she thought he would never come back so she said yes to her ex. They lasted a year and a half but she found out he was cheating on her to fulfill his needs. She was furious because even if she didn't love him she valued his efforts and now she heard Damon say those three words and eight letters she wanted to jump in joy.

But because she felt too much joy and shock she froze and shouted at Damon " I love you too, you fool! For years my love didn't fade. I entered a relationship because I wanted to move on and not waste my time hoping you'd come back and tell me you love me! " She burst out making Damon stunned.

After she recovered, she then regretted bursting her emotions. So much for being a dalagang Filipina she said to her thoughts she was about to take it back when Damon lifted her with joy.

" Ah! Damon put me down " she said, but Damon didn't listen " you love me? " He asked again, Ran laughed at his sudden joy, she only nodded.

Damon couldn't contain his happiness " let me court you formally Ran " she only nodded happiness was creeping to her system " yessss!!!! I love you, Ran if I have to court your forever just to see you smile and love me back, I would do it. I would do everything just to make you happy with me " Damon said hugging Ran. She only smiled

E N D  O F  F L A S H B A C K

Ran and Damon starred at each other the whole time she walked at the aisle, the first one to break it was Ran, as she quickly turned left to go to her place. Damon only smiled weakly thinking of all people in this world why does it have to be him suffering.