Chapter One

It was a cold mid - summer evening,  Ran stood outside the balcony embracing the night's serenity. As she slowly closed her eyes and felt the cold breeze touching her creamy skin, she felt relaxed. When she suddenly heard her phone rang.

She opened her eyes, and went inside her room to answer the call. When she found her phone, she was confused, a foreign number was calling her. She swiped her thumb to the left side of the screen to answer the call.

📞: Hello?

📞: Hi, is Ran there?

📞: Good evening, this is Ran, may I know whose calling?

📞: Ran, this is Elise, your dearest cousin.

📞: Elise? What a surprise, how are you?

📞: I am fine, Ran. The reason I called is that I wanted to inform you I am getting married next month and I want you to come home and be my maid of honor.

Ran went silent upon hearing her, she was happy her cousin is getting married, but doubtfulness was creeping to her system.

📞: I don't know Elise if I can even go home right now.

📞: Come on Ran, you promised me you won't miss my wedding and my engagement party.

📞: Yes, I did promise you that but-

📞: Great! mom and dad would be glad about this news.

📞: Uhm, El-

📞: I'll be expecting your arrival this weekend Ran, before the day of my engagement. I'm starting to get excited. Bye!

Before she could make another protest, her cousin ended the call. She didn't have a choice but to attend her cousin's engagement party and wedding. She let out a deep sigh and went to her bed trying to get some sleep.

The next morning, Ran left her house early to visit her friend at his little Cafe Restaurant, at the Dazzo plaza. As she passes by the small alley way she was greeted by some of the villagers of Dazzo.

"Buongiorno, Ran" she answered with a bright smile at the old Lady

"Piacere! Ran" said the little boy, who also gave her a pink rose. Ran smiled genuinely at the boy and greeted him back.

As she arrive at the little Cafe Restaurant of her friend, Federico. She then went inside, she saw a lot of familiar faces who also greeted her good morning, she only answered with a smile.

As she got through, Ran then sat on the stall of the long table counter and had put the pink rose on the vase of flowers beside her . As if on cue, her friend then went out from the kitchen door, holding her favorite morning coffee.

" Piacere! Fede (Hello! Fede) " Ran immediately greeted him when he handed her coffee.

" Buongiorno anche a te, Ran (Good morning to you as well, Ran) " Federico replied, as he ordered his helper to bring him another cup of coffee. He then look back at Ran.

" Conosqo quello squardo, Ran ( I know that look, Ran ) " Federico concluded. Ran only gave him a weary smile.

" Lo odio guando lo fai, o sei ne qual o hai un favore (  I hate it when you do that, it's either your in trouble or you have a favor ) " Federico exclaimed when Ran had confirmed his conclusion.

Federico only sighed, giving Ran a moment to tell her what is her problem. As his order came, he took his cup of coffee and drank it when Ran spoke her concern.

" Actually, Fede, I am here to tell you that I am going back to the Philippines. And I want someone to take care of Seth for me " Ran frankly said.

Fede almost choke at what Ran had said to him. After he forcefully gulp his coffee he then coughed hard and looked at her ,shocked at her news.

" Che cosa?! ( What?! ) Why so sudden, Ran? " Federico worriedly said. Ran just smiled at him wearily.

She took one of Federico's hand and had hold it, looking into his Italian eyes, as Federico looked at her hazel eyes sensing that it's very important.

" It's a family gathering, Fede. My cousin, Elise, is getting married next month and she wanted me to come home and attend her engagement party and her wedding " Federico just sighed and pulled down her hands and had look at the ring on her finger.

" Then would you be alright? Going back? " Worry was clear on Federico's voice. Ran just smiled at him weakly.

" Maybe, Fede, but I know I won't encounter him " Ran  said to assure his worried expression. She tried to smile genuinely but in the back of her mind she knows that the Philippines is a small country. She just hopes on her one month stay, she would not encounter someone from her past.