Chapter 18: Birthdays and Messages on the Wall

Start from the beginning

Lana and I then exchanged gifts, Lana gave me a set of Quidditch goggles and I gave her an issue of a recent Muggle comic series that the both of us began to enjoy called, "The Umbrella Academy." It is a quite interesting series. ( A/N: Just imagine the comic series came out in the 1990s! It is a good show, trust me.) Luna gave us a red and blue jumper, Professor McGonagall also gave us rather fancy quills and Mum's owl dropped off a special gift for the both of us. For Lana, it was a coat very similar to the one that I got for Christmas, which she said she replicated to make two copies of the same jacket with a Geminio charm. For me, she got a broomstick for the next Quidditch game, which was a Nimbus 2001, the very same Lucious Malfoy bought for the entire Slytherin team. It was unfortunate that I used the same as Malfoy's but it could have given an advantage for the match.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hermione POV

A week after Y/N and Lana's birthday, my birthday came along on the 19th. It was a Saturday, so no classes today. I woke up a little later than I usually do, put on some casual clothes for the day and made my way to the Common area. Y/N was already down there, sitting on the couch, waiting for me while he was playing with Snowball. He wore a dark blue overcoat like the one I caught a glimpse of yesterday, along with a white t-shirt, some light blue trousers and a nice pair of trainers. His hair was a little messy, but still neat, it was still cute.

I slowly snuck down the stairs and tip-toed quietly behind Y/N before I hugged him from behind, earning a small laugh from him.
"Morning to you too, 'Mione." He giggled. "Happy Birthday." I unwrapped my arms around him and walked around to join him on the couch. Snowball jumped from his lap and into mine, causing me to giggle as she rubbed her head on me. I forgot that Snowball absolutely loved to play with me.

"Oh, I do have your present with me." Y/N said as he reached into his pocket, pulled out a box and placed it into my hand. "It's from me and Lana. She thought this would be an ideal gift for you." She really is looking out for me, isn't she? The box looked nearly similar to the one that my necklace was from. I opened it up to find a silver bracelet with little blue gems. On the top, the initials H.G. were engraved at the top in cursive handwriting.

"It's a bracelet I charmed so that it would activate in dangerous and life-threatening situations. It will sort of turn into anything you might need in that moment." Y/N said. "I thought that would work because of what happened last year. I hope you like it." He blushed a little.

"Y/N, I absolutely love it." I said as I hugged him again. "Thank you so much."
"You are very welcome, 'Mione." He said with a smile and kissed my forehead. "Happy Birthday."

I also got a set of quills from Harry, some sweets from Ron, a butterbeer cork necklace of my own from Luna, some games from Fred and George, and some books from my parents at home. Later on in the day, they even surprised me with some cake that Fred and George snuck out of the kitchen. Quite a good 13th birthday.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lana POV

A couple days after the celebration, Harry and Ron had to serve their detention. Harry was to help Lockhart sign fanmail, which is more torture then detention, and Ron was to help Filch polish all the achievements that older students received over the years. Y/N, Hermione and I were in the Library helping Luna with some of her homework. She had some work from Professor McGonagall and Professor Flitwick and she had to practice the Wingardium Leviosa charm, which Y/N took upon himself to teach her with the feather she had.

"Ok, Have your wand arm out, Lu." He began as he did the same to show her. "Nice and steady. You swish and flick as you say it. Wingardium Leviosa." As he says the incantation, the feather floated up in the air as Luna gasped.