PT.2 C H A P T E R THIRTY- ONE

Start from the beginning

"Why?" I questioned softly. I wasn't pestering or disappointed, but I always thought he genuinely loved football.

"I didn't want to do it anymore. I wasn't happy and I just.." He shrugged. "I don't know."

I smiled and leaned over to look at him. "You have a dream, Jayden?" I asked with a smile and he chuckled while looking away. "Tell big sis your dream."

He hummed and looked at me for a moment before looking away again. "Am I an idiot if I want.. if I wanna make music?"

I dropped my head back with a laugh and he slapped my shoulder. "Music?" I questioned and he nodded. "Well okay, first of all, I quit college to go dance with a girl that didn't romantically want me at all. Do you know how bad it could've been if she still didn't want me? Didn't give me the tools to grow my business? After the tour finished.. I'd be back to square one. So don't talk to me about no stupid shit."

"Yeah yo ass really did drop everything." He rubbed his hands together and I could see the nervousness in his posture.

"Jay," he hummed. "You really wanna do this?" His eyes met mine as he nodded and I searched for any doubt, any hesitation. There was none. "Okay, I can get you an apartment in LA." His eyes flew wide. "I can help you get started and Robyn would no doubt get you a meeting with some people but this is your craft. You gotta put in the work for it."

"Are you fuckin' with me?" He mumbled and I shook my head with a smirk, chuckling when her shot forward and wrapped his arms around me. "Oh fuck- thank you, Y/n."

"I got you man. You're my little brother and I wanna see you shine no matter what it's at." He pulled back and I grimaced when he gave me a kiss in my forehead. "Okay, none of that shit though."

He pulled back and wiped his lips. "You right.. all sweaty and shit." When we heard a rumble, both of our eyes raised up and I huffed when I felt the first raindrop. "Aye.. remember what we use to do?" I looked over when he slowly raised up with a smirk. "Last one home cleans the driveway!" He then took off running.

Oh hell no. Weather app said it would be a white Christmas tomorrow too?

I quickly shot up and ran after him, knowing our house was just around the block. One thing that didn't happen too often was snow in Georgia. But when it did, it was a murky, dirty kind of snow. I hated it. And cleaning it was nothing how the movies made it out to be.

So I pushed my legs as hard as I could to past him and just as we neared the house, me in lead.. I slipped. "Oh shit!" I exclaimed and slid right into our neighbors trash can.

I gasped when the contents of it spilled everywhere with me tumbling to the ground with it. Jay was laughing his ass off as I quickly scurried up and ran off before anyone saw I had done it. "You dumbass." He continued to laugh as I pushed him up the steps. "Mama gonna beat you for coming in the house wet." I looked down at my sweats that had gotten wet from my fall.

Waving my hand, I pulled the door open and quietly tip toed in, planning to to run to my room before she noticed me.

But it was the other way around. I noticed her. And it wasn't pleasant. My face frowned up in disgust when I saw her sitting on some mans lap with her tongue damn near down his throat. "Mom?" I questioned and she pulled back with a smack. "Oh my God." I breathed out and turned to see Jay grimacing with his hand to his stomach. "I.." my head shook as I kept walking to my room.