Fragile

HEYYYY! HOW YALL DOIN?? 🤭👋🏽

Look... I know it's been a while, and I'm sorry but I'm back now and that's all that matters 😅❤️

I'll just leave the authors notes for the end xD

*Unedited*

Six months later....

Janet

I sighed and rolled over on my back, staring at the ceiling fan above me.

The digital clock on my nightstand read 4:45am

It was one of those restless nights and I seemed to be having a lot of those lately.

I'm leaving to go on tour in two weeks and I was honestly dreading it. I loved performing and I loved my fans even more, but every time I thought about being gone for 6 months my stomach would turn.

I felt a small foot rest on my chest and I turned to see Eissa stretched out in an unnatural position next to me. I do not know how he finds this comfortable.

I smiled and fixed his small body to be a bit more comfortable before propping myself up with one hand so I could admire him for a moment.

The light in the hallway left a warm yellow glow in the bedroom, just enough to see the figures that lay next to me.

I heard a low mumble or a whimper, I couldn't really tell but it was coming from Davina. She was having another nightmare.

Ever since the drama with her mother a couple of months ago, she's been having these nightmares at least once a week. She never wanted to tell me what they were about, I just assumed they were about her mother and father and I never wanted to push.

These nightmares weren't anything serious, she wouldn't wake up screaming or in a cold sweat. But I could tell they were still taking a toll on her.

My hand made its way into her thick head of hair as I massaged it, shushing her and trying to lull her back to sleep. After a few minutes she quieted down.

Ever since these nightmares started she slept over a lot more and was with me almost everywhere I went. I didn't mind it though, in fact I kinda loved it especially since it was getting closer to the start of my tour and I would almost never see her.

The small amount of light in the room was enough for me to see the soft contours of her face and even as she was fast asleep she still amazed me. She didn't need to say a single word, just seeing her was magic. I felt an ache in my chest as I watched her sleep.