Chapter 26

(Y/N) Pov

Cashier: "Thanks for shopping with us!" She said handing me the bag of clothes. 

(Y/N): "Y'know if I knew that you were gonna make me buy all the clothes I said I liked, then I wouldn't have agreed to help you try them on." She just smiled and gave me a big hug. 

Yang: "Yeah but now I can wear these cute outfits all the time..." She grabbed the bag from my hand. "... or maybe just for you~" I couldn't help but smirk at the thought, she giggled at my reaction and we walked back to the bench where everyone should've been.

(Y/N): "Did they ditch us?" I said staring at the now empty bench. 

As if on cue we saw Blake burst out of a nearby store, visibly upset, with the other girls following shortly behind. The thing that caught me most off guard was that she was no longer wearing her bow. 

 Yang and I both looked at each other confused, before running to catch up  with them. 

Coco: "Blake just stop and breathe for a second." She pleaded as Blake just kept walking. 

Velvet: "I'm worried to, but panicking like this won't solve anything." 

Yang: "What's happening? How long has Blake had cat ears?" Blake turned towards me with an angry look on her face.

Blake: "You!" I backed up instinctively. "Look at what's happening!" She pointed towards a TV with the news on. 

News Anchor: "Once again this channel will be following the constant live updates from the current invasion of Menagerie by Atlas." I nearly did a double take with my fuckin' ears. 

Blake: "I thought you said I could trust you, I thought you were different!" I barely registered what she was saying as my mind was still in complete shock from what was happening. 

(Y/N): "Wait wait wait... I didn't know about this, I would've never let something like this happen if I'd known." Blake looked at me with teary eyes. 

Blake: "I wish I could believe you (Y/N)... I really do." She sounded on the verge of tears as she stormed off again. 

Yang: "She's just shocked babe, she doesn't mean it." She gave me a peck on the lips and followed Blake. "Wait Blake how long have you been a cat!?" 

The rest of the girls from Beacon followed suit until it was just Neo and me standing there in silence, my mind was racing too much to come up with some shitty remark or joke. 

Neo: "So much for a day off." She showed me her phone. "The boss wants you to come in, I'm assuming it's pretty important." 

I didn't hesitate to start walking towards the warehouse, if this had happened a week ago I would've tried to convince Ozpin or Ironwood of changing their plans. But that's not an option anymore... not after I know what they've done. 

Neo: "Why are they invading Menagerie, the White Fang HQ is in Mistral?" She asked by shoving her phone in my face as we walked. 

(Y/N): "It's just an excuse he'll get land, an entire countries people who will have no choice but to work for almost nothing, and most of all get to flex his military might to the world." She seemed shocked that such petty reasons were why Atlas went to war. "He's wanted to do this for a while, I wonder what made him finally do it."

The walk was probably only thirty minutes but every second I wasn't doing something about this felt like hours. By the time the warehouse was in my sight I couldn't take it anymore and just fucking ran through the door. 

Standing next to the door leaned against the wall was Raven. I didn't even get time to say hello before she pulled out her sword. 

Raven: "Portal now." She didn't have to tell me twice as I walked through her portal, arriving at the same location I was in earlier today. This time I didn't stop to take in the scenery heading straight for Salem's throne room.