Chapter 47

(Y/N) pov

We were all silent as we approached the crash site, slowly creeping our way towards the sounds of demonic screeching emanating from the flames. The bodies of police officers, firefighters, and civilians littered the streets, most of the poor bastards probably didn't even know the danger they were in. 

The building at the crash itself had been turned completely to rubble, but getting closer revealed the building itself to be empty. Looking into the fire I could just barely make out an image, distorted by the flames was the mark of an Atlesian bullhead. 

(Y/N): "Ironwood you little rat!" I cursed to myself. 

Cinder: "Whatever did this isn't here anymore." I nodded, but as I turned around my ears picked something up. I could tell Raphtalia had heard it to as we both turned towards the roof of the building behind us. 

And there it was. The grotesque creature stared down at us, blood on it's talons dripping onto the roof below. For a second I felt bad for whatever poor soul got turned into that thing... but such beasts are underserving of sympathy. 

The others caught on, readying their weapons as we waited to see what the first move would be. But it didn't move it just continued to stare down at us, it seemed to focus on me. I looked closer at it's eyes before I realized it wasn't just looking at me it was looking at my hands, which was the only ones without a weapon. 

The beast suddenly flew down from the roof top heading straight for me. It's speed caught me by surprise, moving faster than even a mortician's making, forcing me to activate my semblance complete semblance to dodge it. My move seemingly confused it as it passed through the cloud of black smoke where my body once stood. 

The others in the group wasted no time going on the attack; the first of which was Raven, who swung her katana directly into the beast. But to my horror an aura formed around it preventing any damage. 

Raven: "This things got an aura!?" Everyone in the group, including myself, seemed to get staggered by that new realization. 

That brief moment of hesitation was a grave mistake, the beast spun itself in the air with it's wings grabbing Raven and throwing her into a building. Cinder and Neo then charge at the beast swinging at it multiple times, but it was too elusive managing to dodge all of the hits. Coming back to my senses I rushed the beast, forming the smoke of my arm into a spike.

Stabbing through the beast's back then immediately dissipating to avoid a counter attack. At the same time Raphtalia slid under it stabbing it in the stomach, causing it to let out a screech so piercing we had to cover our ears. 

It then pushed itself backwards with it's wings, knocking over Cinder while Neo was small enough to dodge it. At the same time as it stopped itself with it's talons it also reached forward, extending it's wings like arms. I was confused at first, just thinking that the thing had gone insane, but then I heard Raphtalia. 

Raphtalia: "What the fuck! It's got a semblance!" She yelled as she floated, uncontrollably, into the air. 

(Y/N): "Hit it now before it can do anything!" The beast turned it's head like it understood what I said before throwing it's arms to the side, which subsequently threw Raphtalia into the wall of a building. "Cinder check on her!" She nodded before running over to the collapsed faunus. 

With Raven, Raphtalia, and Cinder out of the fight temporarily, it's attention turned towards Neo. It began swing it's wings wildly, thankfully Neo managed to dodge for now thanks to her small stature. This held it's attention long enough for me to grapple onto it's back.

I wasted no time stabbing into it's back, only a few stabs managing to actually pierce because of the aura, realizing what was happening it stopped attacking Neo and instead flew into the air. This didn't deter me since in my full semblance heights don't hurt me. I pressed my advantage by grabbing onto one of it's wings and reforming my arm into a slicing weapon, repeatedly hacking into the wing.