Chapter 8

(Y/N) Pov

The elevator doors opened revealing a calm Ozpin being berated by a furious Glynda. 

Glynda: "I trust your decisions on these type of things, most of the time, but this is crossing the line!" She stopped when she noticed me. "Maybe you can talk some sense into him!" She stepped away from his desk as he gestured for me to sit down.  

Ozpin: "I heard that quite a few students enjoyed your class!" He gave a fake smile, I assume he's just trying to butter me up before he says what has Glynda so upset. "I may have to hire you as a full time professor!" I forced a laugh to hide the fact that I know somethings wrong.

(Y/N): "As much as I enjoy these talks Oz can you tell me why you called me here." He sighed and put on a more serious look.

Ozpin: "Earlier today we received a call from Atlas that three of it's northern bases went dark at the same time..." Great I can tell where this is going. "Atlas is sending two teams of rapid response specialists to the first two bases and also a Atlesian fire-team to support us."

(Y/N): "I'm guessing that I get to go with the fire-team and secure the third base." Ozpin stopped for a second and was about to speak before he got interrupted by Glynda. 

Gylnda: "You and two teams of STUDENTS who are UNDER PREPARED AND UNDER EQUIPT!!!" Oh shit what are you thinking Oz! "Teams CFVY and RWBY one team is only FIRST YEARS!" I put my hand up to tell Glynda to calm down before looking at Oz.

(Y/N): "Listen Ozpin I get you want a high success rate but just sending the fire-team is already more than enough!" Ozpin looked like he was thinking. "I can handle this by my..." I was cutoff as Oz began to speak.

Ozpin: "Ironwood and I have already discussed it and will not change this plan." I looked at him in disbelief as Glynda threw her arms up. 

(Y/N): "And if I refuse." Ozpin looked at me, clearly upset that I would even think about disobeying him.

Ozpin: "Then the teams will have to go on the mission without your support." We stared at each other waiting to see the reactions. "We wouldn't want a repeat of your first mission would we... 

Shadow."

I was furious, that name was supposed to be gone long ago. I stood up so quick that Oz flinched slightly and Glynda reached for her wand. 

(Y/N): "I'll go but you keep that name out of your dirty fuckin' mouth Oz!" I began walking towards the elevator while motioning for Glynda to follow me. "Send me any information I need to know!" He just smiled and nodded as the elevator doors closed. 

The elevator was full of silence and tension as neither of us knew what to say. We got halfway down the building before Glynda spoke up.

Glynda: "Don't blame yourself I've been trying to convince him all day." She said trying to calm me down. "They may just be students but they've dealt with mission before, especially CFVY."

(Y/N): "I can tell you for a fact they're not ready for Northern Atlas." I stared blankly remembering the missions where I had to go to that shithole. "Every year hundreds of specialists lose their lives up there... people with more experience and better equipment die within hours!" 

The elevator went quiet again. I began thinking, there's gotta be ways to make sure they stay safe. The fire-team can handle themselves as can I, the only ones that need to be helped are the students. My mind raced as I came up with all I can to keep them safe. 

My phone buzzed with a text from Oz. "Also the bullhead for the mission will be here tomorrow at 6pm" Really only ONE FUCKIN' DAY to prepare.

(Y/N): "Glyn I need you to give the students tomorrow off" She looked at me confused before agreeing. "And I know this isn't allowed but I need to do what I can to protect the students so can you find a way to get me some aura piercing rounds?" She looked shocked.