Part 16: Where the frick did my life go so wrong?

It has now been a week since the last meeting. However, these past few days felt like months. It's horribly boring just wandering around the mansion. My father and mother are usually busy, and my brothers are always hanging out with our friends, so I'm left with no one to talk to. The silence that fills each room and corridor reminds me of the world wars. My family, all out and trying to preserve our world. And me, stuck at home. My father's mansion is a work of art, but the beautiful decor and lavish furniture grow insulting over time. I've memorized every crevice of this mansion. I'm almost certain I can walk through the entirety of it with my eyes closed. I hear the front door open and I'm hit with a wave of excitement. Crap, I feel like a dog.

I head towards the front door. As I get closer, I hear increasingly loud yelling. That's strange. And it doesn't sound like playful yelling either. I make it to the entryway to see Australia and New Zealand yelling at each other while Canada just stood there looking defeated.

"I HATE YOU! I WISH YOU WERE NEVER BORN!" New Zealand yelled.

"What the actual hell Kiwi? I didn't even f*cking do anything to you! Why are you so angry all of the sudden?" Australia exclaimed, looking impatient.

"You always take the spotlight! It's always about you! You think you're cooler than me don't you? You think you're so frickin special because you can talk to animals and sh*t. You're so smart. All of the teachers love you. I would've been better off as a spirit creature. Then maybe you would actually care about me! All of you!" New Zealand shouted.

What the hell?

What even happened?

I already talked to New Zealand about this, I didn't know it really bugged him this much!

"Ok, calm down, both of you," I say, stepping in between the two.

"He's the one who's screaming!" Australia exclaimed.

"What happened?" I ask.

"We were just hanging out with our friends and NZ was being a little moody idiot the whole time and while we were walking back home I was trying to talk to him but he was just being a jerk so I said 'fine, whatever' and next thing I know he's yelling like a lunatic!" Australia said, seemingly in one breath. New Zealand just stares at the floor in rage. I sigh. Mom and dad aren't home, so I guess I have to be the grownup here.

"Ok, New Zealand, come with me. I need to talk to you," I say.

"Whatever," I hear New Zealand mumble. I lead him to the library. We sit down on one of the couches. New Zealand's eyes are still glued to the floor. I sigh.

"New Zealand, look at me," I say. He begrudgingly faces me. "Why were you so upset?" I ask. I figure I should probably get his side of the story before I get to angry at him. Who knows? Someone might have bullied him or something, and if that's the case I'll have to have Canada beat them up for me.

"I-I just...," New Zealand stuttered. He is still facing me, but his eyes are looking off to the side. Is he trying to hide something?

"New Zealand?" I say, as if to encourage him to respond.

"I-I...."

New Zealand leaps of the couch, I grab his arm, but he uses his power to hurl a book towards my head. I instinctively let go of him and block the attack as he runs away.

"New Zealand!" I shout, running after him.

"It's none of your business! Leave me alone!" He exclaims. He ran all the way down the hall towards his bedroom. I was just about to catch up with him. He realized this and used his power to remove the screws keeping a heavy chandelier above us affixed to the ceiling. I look up in horror as the chandelier crashed straight towards me. New Zealand looked back at me with wide eyes, as if he had just realized his mistake.