Part 7: I'm Fine

I walked out of my fathers mansion, the previous conversation still playing in my mind. Why don't they trust Germany? He's never hurt me before! I sighed. Of course people only think about who his father was and not Germany. People are only really intimidated by my family because of my father, after all.

"AME! Where are you going?"

I stop and turn around slowly, expecting to see my father or one of my servants. Instead I turn around to see my good friend, The Philippines.

"Oh! Hi Phillip!" I say. Phillip frowns.

"Why were you walking so fast? You walked right past the forest entrance! Good thing I was there, you would have been halfway to the palace by now! Did you seriously forget about us?" Phillip asks, in an angry, yet concerned voice.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I just had something on my mind," I say. Phillip looks at me, concern growing on his face.

"Are you ok Ame? Do you want to talk about it?" Phillip asked. I brush past him and make it towards the forest entrance.

"I'm fine! It's stupid anyway," I say. Luckily, Phillip decides to let it go. We made our way through the forest, talking about life and funny stories.

"I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick. And I said 'that log had a child!'," I exclaim. Phillip laughs.

"Hey! What's so funny?" We heard someone ask. I flinch. I recognize that voice.

"Leave us alone North," Phillip warns. North Korea laughs.

"Or what Phillip? You're gonna tell your daddy? Oh wait! You can't, can you?" North says. I clench my fists. I want to punch him so bad, but I was told strictly to never ever get in a fight. Phillips eyes started glowing bright yellow.

"You asked for it...," He said. Bright rays of light start circling around Phillips body, and he got into a fighting stance. North simply smirked. His one eye started glowing purple, and around his clenched fist, formed a dark, poisonous cloud. The two stood there, staring at each other, sizing each other up. In one swift move North Korea thrusted the poison cloud at Phillip. His eyes widened, and he quickly jumped out of the way. Phillip stood up, and shot a ray of light directly towards North Korea, who tried to dodge, but ended up getting a large burn on his arm. He scowled at Phillip, releasing a dark aura. I couldn't bear to watch this anymore. I jumped in between the two countries.

"STOP!" I cry. Phillips eyes widen.

"Ame no! Don't get involved!" Phillip exclaims. North Korea laughs. He walks up to me and looks me in the eyes. It is kind of awkward, especially since he is shorter than me, but I start freaking out nonetheless.

"Looks like I'm going to have to teach you a lesson," North Korea says cooly.

"North! Stop! He can't fight back!" Phillip exclaims. I wince. North Korea uses his magic to pin Phillip to a nearby tree. He then pushes me with all of his strength onto the floor.

"Take that you powerless freak!" He exclaims while punching me repeatedly in the face. He was sitting on top of me, and was just heavy enough to restrict my breathing. It didn't help the he was using one hand to hold my neck against the floor. I kick and scream but he wasn't getting off. I heard Phillip scream for help in the distance. The lack of oxygen was starting to get to my head. The world around me was slowly fading, Phillips screams were getting softer and softer...

"GET AWAY FROM HIM!" I heard someone scream. Suddenly, North Korea was flung off of my chest. I take a deep breath and immediately sit up. I see Canada standing there with glowing green eyes. He had summoned vines and used them to lift North Korea of the ground. "If I see you near my brother again, I will rip you're head off and feed it to Australia's alligators. Do you understand?" Canada exclaims. North Korea silently nods. Canada releases him, and he ran off into the forest. Both Phillip and Canada rush over to me.

"Are you ok? Oh my gosh, he gave you a black eye! Or well- you know what I mean," Phillip exclaims. Phillip helps me up.

"I'm fine, I'm fine. It could be worse. Thanks for the help Nada," I say, starting to walk towards our special spot in the forest. Canada ran towards me.

"Are you sure your ok? Your bleeding," Canada says. I give him a reassuring smile.

"I'm sure! I'll talk to Switzerland before the meeting starts. She'll help," I say. Canada sighs. We silently make our way to our special place in the forest. It's a small clearing next to a cliff. When we get there I see some of my closest friends sitting around waiting for us. Japan, Italy and Russia were sitting at a small picnic table excitedly talking about the meeting. Poland was sitting on a nearby rock talking to Ukraine, while Australia, New Zealand and Belarus were playing with Nekomi.

"Hi guys!" I say excitedly. They all look at my face with matching shocked expressions.

"Oh my god America, what happened to you?" Russia exclaims. I suddenly remember my face.

"Oh! It's nothing. Just a little fight," I say, smiling. Canada sighs.

"North Korea was beating the crap out of him," Canada says. I shrug and sit down next to Russia at the table.

"Are you ok Meri?" Italy asks. I smile. I'm actually really fricking annoyed right now, but their all just trying to be nice.

"I'm fine! Don't worry about it,".

I say that because that's the truth.

I'm fine

It's fine that I couldn't protect myself. Everyone babies me anyway.

It's fine that I couldn't stand up for my friend.
They are all more capable than me anyway.

It's fine that people think I'm a freak.
Everyone hates me anyway.

It's fine that my friends all think I'm incapable of doing anything myself.
They won't even let me try anyway.

It's fine that anything can kill me at any moment.
I wouldn't even be able to stop it anyway

It's fine that there are probably people out there who want to kill me.

I want them to anyway.