Part 13: Public Execution

I open my eyes to the blinding sunlight creeping through my bedroom window. I let out a long yawn. Man, yesterday really drained the energy out of me. And even though I slept for a good amount of time, I still feel tired. I get out of bed and start to get dressed. Today, I'm going to visit Germany and see what info he's gathered on spirit guardians to see if I actually have one. And also to figure out why my eyes are the way that they are.

I walk out into the hall, praying that I don't run into any family members on the way out. I enter the main hall, and to my dismay I see my mother talking to Democrat and Republican. I hide behind a corner and listen to their conversation.

"Please, I want you two to make sure he stays safe until we figure out what happened. Do not let him out of your sight, do you understand?" My mother instructed them. Technically, Democrat and Republican are only allowed to take orders from me, but their job is also to keep me safe. And both they and my mother know that I don't like people constantly looking after me.

They both bow and Democrat says, "we will do our best madam France,". My mother smiles and dismisses the two before walking of to go to the private library, for that's where she usually goes in her free time. I sigh and walk out into the hall, pretending as if I didn't just here that entire conversation.

"Ah, there you are sir!" Republican exclaims. I force a smile.

"Good morning Republican, Democrat," I say, nodding to both of them.

"What are you doing up so early? Shouldn't you be resting? We heard about what happened yesterday from your father," Democrat says.

"Oh, don't worry about me. I feel fine! I was actually just about to go out for a walk," I say. Democrat and Republican exchange looks. It's kind of funny to see them somewhat work together. Especially since they only do it if the world seems like it's about to end. And even then they are a bit hostile towards each other.

"We don't think that that's such a good idea sir," Republican says. Democrat nods.

"You need to rest. And besides, we still don't know who pushed you off the roof. It's probably safer for you to stay here," Democrat says.

"Well, what if I brought a friend?" I say. Republican opened his mouth to speak but Democrat cut him off.

"I'm sorry sir, but we simply can't-,"

"We don't think that's a good idea," Republican cut Democrat off.

"Well, Rep. you don't have to interrupt me,"

"You did it first!"

"You do it more!"

While the two bicker I make my way out of the mansion. I gotta go see Germany, and I have to make sure nobody stops me along the way.

"America!"

Crap.

I turn and see Japan running towards me, Nekomi following closely behind. I stop walking and let them catch up, after all, it will look suspicious if I started running away.

"America! Are you ok? Me and Nekomi were so worried about you!" Japan exclaimed. I bent down and picked up the small cat. She curls up into my arms.

"How'd she know?" I say.

"I told her," Japan said. I look at him quizzically. Japan's power is to collect energy and light from the sun, and then use that energy to produce beams of energy and blast them through the marks on his hands. Or, to put it in more simple terms, crazy fricken sun lazers. Phillip also has this power, but the only person I know who has the power to communicate with animals is Australia.

"Since when can you talk to animals?" I ask.

"Twins are connected spiritually, and even though my sister died at birth, her spirit still lives on in Nekomi. So we can kind of communicate telepathically, if that makes sense," Japan explains.

"Oh, that does make sense," I say, stroking Nekomi's soft head. I continue walking with Japan by my side.

"So, where are you headed?" Japan asks.

"I'm going to see Germany. There is a lot we need to talk about," I say. Japan nods.

"I am very worried about him. I've heard many people talk about wanting to kill him. Y'know, public execution style," Japan says. My heart drops.

"No... they wouldn't. UN wouldn't allow it!" I insist.

There have only been two public executions I have witnessed. Imperial Japan and my grandfather, Ancien Régime. Well, technically my grandfather's name was also France, but my mother has been calling him Ancien Régime for so long we all started calling him that.

My mother killed my grandfather in front of the entire town, but that's a whole other story that don't really wanna relive.

As for Imperial Japan, it wasn't exactly a planned execution. I was out for a walk with my brothers that day, when suddenly Imperial Japan walked into the town. Reich had just been declared dead days prior, but it seemed as though that wasn't gonna stop Imperial Japan from taking down as many people as possible.

He picked me out of the crowd, mistaking me for some sort of precious royalty, seeing how I wasn't allowed on the battlefield. It was true enough I guess, seeing how my father still ruled over many countries at that time. However I tried to make it clear to everyone at a very young age that I revoked my place as next in line to the throne. Y'know, back when being royalty used to be important?

Anyway, he dragged me out from the crowd and was planning to slice me in half with his katana, when suddenly Japan obliterated his own father with his sun lazer thingy. So that was the second public execution I witnessed, and also how I met Japan.

"I can't believe people are actually saying that! Germany's only eighteen! They should give him a chance to live!" I exclaim. Japan sighs.

"Some people just choose the most extreme option when they don't know how to react to a crisis. I should know," Japan says. I solemnly nod. I know Imperial Japan deserved what happened to him, but it must really hurt Japan emotionally and mentally to know that he killed his own father, no matter how horrible his father was.

"AMERICA?"

Oh no

(Sorry if I scared you with that title)