Chapter Forty-Five

Start from the beginning

 Gina and I got out of the car at my new homestay family. We got out of the car and got my two suitcases that I was bringing. The rest was back at the Brooks's as I was determined to move back in before next month. The house was very neat and structured, almost like a perfect home that you see on movies. Gina came up to the door with me and knocked. A gust of wind came as we waited, making my nerves really settle in. A woman around Gina's age answered to door with a huge smile. 'She has perfect teeth.' was all I could think. "You must be Ruby!" she exclaimed. I smiled and nodded not so enthusiastically. She was not half as welcoming and amazing as Gina.
"Hi I'm Gina,"
"Rochelle." the two women introduced themselves. I walked further into the house very slowly, taking in all of my new surroundings. The house was sqeaky clean without any imperfections. Too clean. Three more people came into the room altogether. A man and two children. "Hi Ruby, I'm Mark." the man said shaking my hand fomally. "And this is Mary and Joshua." he said pointing to his two children who smiled and waved in sync. The oy, Joshua was about my age, very tidy and quiet. Mary, looked about fourteen years old. Innocent and very girly. I smiled again, not knowing what to say or how to react to this family. "Honey, I will help you unpack for a bit before I go." said Gina patting my back. I snapped back to reality, "Alright," I said about to carry one of my suitcases up.
"Uh-uh." said Mark walking over with Joshua tagging behind him. "Ladies, you go first, Joshua and I will carry the bags up." he told us. It was so corny I wanted to vomit. Instead I took a deep breath and thanked them, holding onto Gina's hand. 'You have to do it for Luke.' I thought to myself as we walked up the pristine wooden stairs. I got to my new room and took a look around. It was simple and nice, but not very homey. I felt as though one touch could ruin everything about it. The boys put my suitcases down and turned to me. "We will give you two some time." Mark said going down stairs. Joshua took a further look at me then followed his dad downstairs.
"Sooo, what do you think?" said Gina blankly. I couldn't speak. I just burst into tears and gave her a tight hug. "Only a few months honey, not too long. I promise you, as soon as Luke is better, you are moving straight back in, okay?" she assured me. I smiled and nodded at her, wiping away my tears.
"Aw my love." Gina said getting teaary aswell. "I'm so sorry."
"Don't be sorry Gina, I want to do this. I want Luke to get better and I know this will work. You never know, maybe he will improve faster this way." I said.
"That's right gorgeous girl! And you are welcome to see him during the day when someone else is home. Trust me. this will work." Gina spoke.
"I trust you."

--- LUKE'S POV -----

I got home in the afternoon from filming. We had all gone to Skip's for a bit before I decided to come home to spend some time with Ruby. The rest of th boys stayed back. I felt alright with only minor cravings that hopefully Ruby could help distract me from. I unlocked the door and shouted Ruby's name. "RUBY, I'M HOME." "RUBES?" There was no answer. I went into Mum's room where she was sorting out clothes. "Mum do  you know where Ruby is." I asked. Mum looked upset and pained.
"Luke, I'm taking you to the doctors tomorrow, okay love?" she said softly. What did this have to do with Ruby?
"Mum, where is Ruby?"
"Look, his was my idea not hers. I am just going by the rules. Legally Ruby cannot stay with us if a member of the family is currently taking drugs.." she said. My blood turned cold.
"Where is she?" I said knowing the horrible answer already.
"Luke until you get over this Ruby can't live with us. She will come and visit you all the time, just not live here full time for a few months."
"So you basically kicked her out?"
"No, Luke. Just listen, once we get you back on track-"
"I DON'T WANT TO LISTEN, I WANT TO SPEAK TO RUBY!" I shouted and instantly regretted. I loved my mum to pieces but she had really taken this matter too far. I wasn't that bad was I?
"She will call you tonight love,"
"Tell me where she is mum! I am begging you."
"Once you settle down and you have seen a doctor." she said firmly. I thumped out of the room on anger, punching the door on the way out. Tears spilled angrily from my eyes as I went into my room. I climbed up onto my bed and slammped my head onto the pillow to hear something crunch. I pulled the piece of paper out  and unfolded it.

"Luke, I know you may not understand why it is I am leaving but I am trusting your mum and trusting you to listen to her. If you do this for me then I pinky promise you I will be back as soon as absolute possible. It kills me to leave when you need me most but I have no option now. I don't want you to be mad at Gina, she is doing what is best for you and if I didn't think she was, I wouldn't have left. Please remember that your family and I are there to help you, not against you. I have told your mum to let you know where I am staying once you start improving and until then I will come and visit you every single day. Please push yourself to overcome this addiction, I know that you are srtong and you can do it. Whenever you hurt yourself you are hurting me, please get better :'(
Love Ruby xxx"

I put my head in my hands and thought about whatever the fuck was hapening right now. I re-read the letter over and over, each time it touched my heart even more. I couldn't be mad at Ruby, she had no choice and wanted what was best for me. I am the one who stuffed it up for myself and others. Not Ruby, not my family. Me. I got out of bed and grabbed my phone. I started walking to Chad's. Although Ruby had said not to do the drugs, my cravings were really bad and I was now feeling depressed. I got halfway to his house and turned back, going to the park instead. The sooner I stopped the drugs the sooner I got Ruby back, I thought sensibly. She meant so much to me and I knew that if I didn't sort my shit out soon, someone else was going to steal her heart. I had to put up with these cravings if I wanted Ruby back.