Chapter Forty-Six

Sorry its really short everyone! I promise the next one will be longer as this was kind of a fill in one. I'm still super busy hence the late updates. Thankyou for all of your support! I will try and write more regularly once it is the holidays! only a few more weeks!!! yayyyyy

Enjoy!

90 votes for chapter 47! <3

------------------------------------------------

 LUKE'S POV

I sat at the park stressing out for a good 15 minutes. The muscles in my body didn't seem to be working. I had just gotten Ruby back and now she was being taken away from me again? I dialled her number but it went to voicemail which stressed me out even more. What if she wasn't safe, or if she was unhappy? I felt sick, I needed relief but at the same time I had to keep away from the drugs for Ruby. I called her again and waited. Ruby picked up after three rings. "Luke!"
"Ruby! Oh my god, where are you. Are you okay?!" I said with tears escaping my eyes.
"I'm alright." I could hear her lie. "I'm at a new homestay family."
"I'm at the park around the corner, come meet me?"
"I'll be there soon babe." she said. My heart melted, and with that she hung up. I waited and tried to contain myself. I got a ping on my phone and looked at the new message. It was from Ruby.
"My new house mother Rochelle said no? the family is really odd and strict. I went to walk out the door and she said wheres your permission?" she wrote.
"so can you come?"
"doesn't look like it, I'm sorry Luke." she replied. I felt really down again.
"Sneak out for me?" I suggested.
"great minds think alike ;) See you soon" she text back. I giggled at her cheekiness, realising how hard it would actually be living without her

RUBY'S POV

Rochelle wasn't letting me go out to see Luke. She was really strict and ran on a tight schedule for everything. I couldn't leave my boyfriend alone when he needed me the most. I told Rochelle that I had gone to have a rest and quickly snuck out. Not too hard, but it wouldnt be aas easy getting back in. I got to the park with a bit of struggle, I was a little disoriented but eventually found my way. Luke was sitting on the bench. As I saw him in the distance I ran up to him and sprung into his arms. Luke laughed and kissed my cheek as he spun me around. Luke put me down and held my hands in his.
"My cravings are back. I need you to distract me." he told me, closing his eyes.
"I'm so sorry." I spoke. "I promise I am moving back as soon as you are all better." I promised him. Luke nodded, he obviously didn't agree with Gina's decision either, but we had to trust her.
"It's fine babe, I'll spend whatever time I can get with you." Luke smirked.
"Now, to distract you..." I pretended to ponder before sliding my hand behind Luke's neck and kissing him passionately. Luke smiled as we pulled away before I took his hand and led him over to the playground. We mucked around for a while, laughing and taking stupid pictures before my phone started ringing. Rochelle's name popped up on my phone for the first time. I declined the call. Shit. She knew I was out. Luke must have knowm. "Have you been sprung?" he asked wrapping his arms around me. I nodded and took his hand.
"Let's go home." I spoke softly. I walked Luke back home to Gina.
"There you are! Rochelle and I have been worried sick!" she exclaimed pointing to a grumpy looking Rochelle that I hadn't noticed sitting in the kitchen. "Hunny you have to take your phone off silent." whispered Gina as she walked past me. Rochelle stood up stifly. "Let's go." she said in a sharp tone.
"Can I just say goodbye to the boys?" I asked.
"I said let's go." was her reply. I was a bit shocked. I quickly kissed Luke and squeezed his hand before following Rochelle out of the house, blowing Gina a kiss behind me. We got in the car and took off in an awkward silence. I could tell she was trying to stay calm. "First day and I am already having to pick you up from roaming around and sneaking out." she hissed.
"Sorry." I muttered, looking out of the window and not meaning what I said.
"Ruby, you are living with me and my family now. We have limits and structure, we do not roam around like feral animals." she said. That insulted me a little bit. "We have punishments for bad behaviour. One week. You are grounded for one week." she said. I laughed sarcastically.
"You have got to be joking?!" I spat.
"And that means no more seeing that boyfriend of yours." Rochelle made clear. I was so mad.
"Rochelle, Luke is in a state that needs lots of attention and help. I can't cut him out of my life like that when he needs me the most. The reason I am here is so that he can get well." I said as calamly as possible. Rochelle showed no sympathy.
"Want to make it two weeks."
"Ground me for as long as you want, but Gina and I agreed that I can see Luke. I am old enough to make my own decisions." I was never usually this rude, but the woman was basically asking for it.
"You are under my roof, you are under my rules. Got it?"
"Pfft." I spat in disguist
"Three weeks." Rochelle squarked as she pulled up in the driveway.
"hopefully I'm out before then." I whispered to myself as I got out of the car. I walked into the house with Rochelle trailing quickly behind me.
"Ahhh look who's back." said Mark too cheerfully, sitting with his kids at the table. I half smiled at him before storming back upstairs and into my room. I closed the door and searched for a lock that wasn't there. "Fucking hell." I muttered to myself as I flopped on the bed. This had to be a joke. I had been in this household for less than a day and already it was shit. Just great.

1 WEEK LATER

I finished work early and went straight to the Brooks' house. I was still grounded but Rochelle ddidn't know I was seeing Luke everyday still. I opened to door to be welcomed by lots of yelling before Jai came rushing out looking stressed. "Jai, what's wrong?" I asked giving him a quick hug hello.
"Luke's cravings are really bad, mum is stressing out and Beau and I are trying to calm them both down." he explained quickly. I dropped my bag on the table and went straight to the twin's room. Luke had had a few episodes over the past week, but not major ones. He had started his medication but they weren't set to kick in for about a week yet. I entered the room to find Luke on the floor, his face contorted and groans of agony escaping his mouth. He saw me and stood up, coming to hug me. Gina left the room while Beau stayed to keep an eye on things. "Ruby, I know I can trust you." spoke Luke.
"Of course you can." I said tucking his hair back. His face was red and looked pained.
"I need you to give me some." he spoke.
"SHUT UP LUKE!" yelled Beau.
"Beau calm down." I ordered quietly. "Give you what Luke?"
"Just go to Chad and ask him for it-" I instantly knew what he was talking about.
"No Luke." I said sternly.
"Babe, please." he said, his teeth clenched.
"No. You can get through the cravings, I'll stay here as long as you want." I said. Luke's face grew angry. "If you love me you would do this for me."
"And if you loved me you would listen and do what's best for you." I said calmly. Luke scrunched up his face in anger and confusion and looked at me. Before I knew it Luke had pushed me back by the shoulders. I hit the wall that was close behind me with a thud. I was gobsmacked. Luke came up to me and held my arms against he wall, our bodies so close that they were touching.
"Ruby. Give it to me." he spoke angrily, right up against my face. I didn't feel threatened by Luke.
"No." I repeated. Beau, who had left the room breifly came in with widened eyes.
"GET OFF HER LUKE." he screamed ripping Luke away from me. Luke collapsed in a heap of tears on the floor. "Sorry! I'm so sorry" he screamed over and over. I walked over and sat next to him, hugging around his shoulders and resting my head aginst his body. He clung on tightly. "Please don't leave me. I'm sorry,"
"Ruby get away from him." Beau said quietly, not wanting Luke to lash out again.
"I'm not leaving Luke. I never will. Not until you want me gone." I told him with a kiss on the cheek, half ignoring Beau who left the room.
"You're doing so well baby, I'm so proud of you." I told him, wrapping him tighter in my arms. Luke layed on the floor on his  back closing his eyes. I copied him, hugging him closer and resting my head on his chest. "Everything's okay. Just this week to get through and you will be on the mend. Stick to the medication and I'll be back next month." I said kissing him again. Luke nodded and opened his eyes, looking at me closely. He seemed to be calming down. His hand stroked my jawline before he delicately kissed me. "I didn't mean to hurt you." he whispered painfully as he touched my bare shoulder that was going red. "You didn't, I am fine." I told him strongly.  Luke flinched away."Hey." I said grabbing his attention back. "I love you."
"I love you too." he smirked. "More than the stars shine." I grinned and kissed him delicately.
I stayed with Luke for a while longer until he was out of his state. I knew I was late home, and would probably be punished but Luke needed me today and I couldn't leave him, Gina or the boys with him like that. I left the house, saying goodbye to everyone, Gina thanking me. I apologised to Beau for not listening to him and was easily forgiven. I drove home quickly, parking in the driveway and basically running through the door. Rochelle was waiting in the kitchen aslmost as if she knew I would come running in any second. "Almost an hour late with no calls or texts." she said.
"I'm so sorry, crisis at work."
"Make sure you call. You don't want another week of being grounded." she said. I shook my head and went up to my room catching up on some work on my laptop. I knew Rochelle didn't trust me since the day I snuck out with Luke but her whole family structure made me cringe. Three more weeks and I'm out, I thought to myself, that's if Luke goes well.
Three more weeks.