Chapter Thirty-Four

Hey guys! Glad you like the last chapter. Stuff is going to get a tad more eventful in the upcoming chapters ;) your support is amazing, thank you so much. Enjoy! xx

65 votes for Chapter 35

------------------------------------------------------

1 WEEK LATER

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I had just finished the last of packing up my stuff from Kaity's. "I'll miss you!" she said as she hugged me.

"Sleepovers at mine anytime gorgeous" I smiled. "Thankyou so much for having me." I put my stuff in my car and said my goodbyes to Kaitlyn. I had been living with her for the past week and a few days ago I found a small unit around the corner that was up for rent. I couldn't stay at Kaity's forever and I couldnt go back to the Brook's house, so this was a decent option. Even though I would be living alone, I would be out most of the time and in close distance to Kaitlyn and Andrew. It was pretty cool having my own place, but it was costing a hell of a lot more than it did living with the boys and it would be 100 times less fun. I cleared my thoughts as I pulled into my new driveway. I sighed and got my stuff, walking up the short path and unlocking the door. The place was small but modern, already furnished, clean and neat. I went into the bedroom and dumped everything on my new bed. I remembered moving into the Brook's house, my first night in Melbourne. The first time I had met Luke. Tears welled up in my eyes just thinking about him. I took a deep breath and distracted myself by unpacking a bit. A bit of time passed but I found myself bored again. It wasn't the same living here. A knock on the door distracted me. I opened it to find Jai at my doorstep. "JAI!" I yelled jumping into his arms. He embraced me in a tight hug and I dug my head into his chest. I hadn't seen him since the day of the party and I had missed him like crazy.

"I've missed you so much." I said holding him.

"I've missed you too Rubes! You can't just disappear like that and not tell me."

"I didn't want to ruin your night."

"You are my best friend. I'm here whenever you need me okay?" he held my arms and looked at me. I smiled back at him and stepped aside.

"Come in." I gestured. "Wait how did you know where I was?"

"Kaitlyn might've had something to do with it." he said cheekily.

"As long as your brother isn't on my doorstep tomorrow trying to get to me." I flinched.

"My lips are sealed. Luke won't know where you are." he said. I breathed a sigh of relief and sadness. "how's he going?" I whispered.

"He's heartbroken." Jai spoke bluntly. I felt the same just hearing that. "He's missing you like crazy, you have no idea."

"He brought all this on himself Jai."

"I know but he still does love you. And he regrets everything. I'm not just saying this to cover for him Rubes. You're all he ever talks about. He has cried over you. I have never seen him cry over anyone." Jai told me. I looked down and collected myself before looking up and continung to listen to Jai.

"Luke must still mean something to you. You are still wearing the bracelet he gave to you." he said.

"If I take this off, I feel like it's the very end." I croaked

"Just give him one more chance. Please." he said taking my arm. I thought about it for a moment then nodded. Jai smiled and hugged me. "You won't regret this." he smiled.

"I hope not."

"I'll pick you up tomorrow at 11."

"Thankyou Jai" I said kissing him on the cheek.