141. ANSWERS.

COMMENTS MAKE ME SMILE🙃.

ANDRÉ'S POV:

“What’s wrong?” Mom asked when she entered the library.

I haven't really gone out of this library since the last time I saw Uncle. My head has just been stuck inside all these books. Trying to find answers.

“Nothing. I just started having a thing for books I guess.” I technically lied.

And of course, she quickly knew it was a lie.

“Yeah right.” She playfully rolled her eyes before she came and sat beside me. “You know you're not really that..umm...good at lying.”

I raked my hair with my fingers. “Well....”

“I’m sure Gabriella can agree with me.” She smiled at me and I looked away. “What’s wrong André?”

“You know what's wrong.”

“What?” She came closer to me.

“You’re really going to play the oblivious card with me.” I said already getting annoyed.

“But....I really don't know.” She said innocently.

“Mom.” I frowned.

“André I’m being serious. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“Fine if you really want me to say it then I will.” I paused a bit. “It’s about Gabriella....being.... Uncle’s child. How's....how that possible? And why haven't any of you said anything yet about it? Every single one of you have acted as though nothing happened that night, and....”

“I... understand.” Her face was sad. “But André before I say anything , I just wanna tell you none of us knew that Gabriella was Nathaniel's child. The last time we saw Gabriella was when she was like three or is it five years old. She rarely made herself present in front of people. According to her mother, she was one of those children that wasn't so comfortable of being in public places and meeting people. Because of this, she mostly stayed indoors. Well, I guess she outgrew it.” She smiled at me.

“Oh....okay.” Was all I could say.

“So basically none of us could recognize her. And she doesn't make herself public so......And another thing is that you....you never mentioned her surname....well, we never asked, but still, and even when your father asked for her surname, you gave a fake one, all because of arrogance....”

“But.... nevermind.” I was about to say the reason why I said Montez but decided to shut up. I thought about how my mother would take it if she finds out the reason why.

No seriously, André Lombardi you're an idiot. A complete fool to be exact.

What kind of boyfriend doesn't know her girlfriend's surname?

“But why didn't I know her before? I know Jasemeil, so why didn't I know her?”

“Well, sweetheart, with her disorder and all......so usually, she'd stay at home. If she didn't have it, you’d have known her from when you were a little child. Just like you knew Jake, Drake and Wes....and Chloe from when you were little.

“Jake's, Drake's, Wes' and Chloe's family are really close to us aren't they?”

“Yeah they are. It's the same thing with the Dalmonte's.”

“But aren't we related to Uncle?”

“No no noooo why...why would you think that way?”

“Wait, hold on, we're not related? But, what about—”