Are You Going To Buy Anything?

Working at a comic book store was supposed to be easy. No money, only getting paid in comics. No disturbances (besides customers) just comics.

Gerard was... anti-social, to say the least. He would wake up, drink coffee, go to work, drink coffee, go home, drink coffee, go to bed, and then it would start all over again. Sometimes he would call his brother Mikey but only for a couple minutes before making up some excuse about how 'His boss was calling him' or 'I've got to go to the bathroom' or some shit like that. It was easier to be by himself then worry about others, and their feelings, and actions, and thoughts.

Which is why working at a comic book store where the only people who really came in were anti-social nerds like him who didn't talk or mom's looking for comic books for their anti-social children. All he had to do was ring them up, tell them their cost, and hand them the brown paper bag containing whatever they had purchased.

Until a weird short kid with tattoos and an oversized green hoody came in one day.

"Hello, how may I help you?" Gerard asked. He immediately pegged this guy as someone who did not read comics.

"Oh, uh. I'm just here for my little sister. I'll be fine." He said and gave Gerard a smile. He didn't return it.

"Okay. Whatever." Gerard said, keeping a blank face, and turned back to the sketch he was drawing.

Suddenly, he heard a crash from the back of the store and a loud "Fuck!"

Gerard stood up slowly and trudged to the back. Somehow, the short kid had managed to knock over three boxes of 99 cent comics. Gerard sighed and started to pick them up.

"Okay. You can clean up the rest, I'm going back to the register." Gerard sighed.

"That's not very good costumer service." The kid pouted.

"It's also not my fucking job, so." Gerard rolled his eyes and walked back to the front.

He heard the kid mutter something about a 'bad review on Yelp' while he picked up the comics.

A couple minutes later, the boy returned to the front with a comic in hand. He peered over to see what Gerard was drawing. Gerard didn't even notice.

"Wow, that's really good. What is it?" The kid asked. Gerard looked up, startled, and quickly shut his sketch book.

"So, did you find everything you wanted? The faster you get out the better." Gerard muttered. He was starting to really not like this kid.

"Oh, well. It was good. And yeah, I've got it." The kid said and handed Gerard a 'Bravest Warriors' graphic novel.

"Okay. Thanks," the boy leaned over to read Gerard's name tag. "Gerard." he said. "I'm Frank, by the way." he added.

"That's good to know. Now get out." Gerard dead panned.

"Hey! Okay, I am definitely leaving a bad review on Yelp. Deal with it." Frank sighed.

Gerard rolled his eyes as Frank left the shop.