Sunday? More like Sinday

There were only two benefits of it being Sunday to Gerard. One, he got to laugh at all the Christians getting up early to go to church. And two, he get to sleep in.

Other than that, Sunday's were pointless to Gerard. Nobody could do anything fun at night because of work the next day, and Gerard was too fucking lazy to do anything during the day.

Plus, all you had to look forward to the next day was hours of mind-numbingly boring work.

So Gerard sat, hating Sunday's and lounging around his house in Batman pajamas, which he got from the girl he babysat occasionally, named Bandit.

Bandit's mom, Lyn-Z, was a... dancer downtown. So sometimes she would have Gerard watch her daughter while Lyn-Z worked.

Bandit was fucking adorable, Gerard had to admit. She had the name of a superhero and the face of a Gerber baby.

Bandit also loved tea parties and pancakes. She was Gerard's dream child. Which sounded weird when he voiced it to Lyn-Z, but she understood what Gerard was trying to say.

He was babysitting her on Wednesday, so he really couldn't wait till then.

Gerard also had other plans for Wednesday. Ones that had to do with Frank.

Gerard was going to ask Frank out for coffee on Wednesday, since he only worked half shifts that day.

Now a lot of people might have been wondering how Gerard got money, if he got paid in comics instead of real money. Lets just say he had a little job on the side. Which happened to be a satisfactory job if your morals were low.

Yes, Gerard was, in fact, a hooker. He made about 2,300 dollars a night, not including the fetishes. So really he was making about 3,000 dollars a night, three times a week.

And at the end of the year, he was making 468,000 dollars.

Now people might be wondering why he was still living in a dingy twin house down the road from his mother.

Well, his job was technically a cashier at a comic book shop. Do you really think they're making over 450,000 dollars a year? No. They make minimum wage. So if Gerard wanted to keep people from getting suspicious, he had to act like he didn't have any money.

So he stayed in his cheap and small apartment and ate cheap food and had cheap cable and drank cheap beer every night. Except for when he was out... working...

Gerard was always concerned that his job would prevent him from real relationships but he always convinced himself that he would never be in a real relationship in the end. Sometimes, he thought he would die alone.

At least Gerard didn't work in a cubicle.

In all honesty, Gerard knew he wouldn't be able to keep being a hooker forever. He needed a real job, but who the hell was he kidding? Gerard would never be smart enough or talented enough to get a real job.

Although, since Gerard didn't use a lot of the money he earned, he had a lot saved in the bank. Not to mention his grandmother left a large sum of money for him after she passed away.

But anyway, Gerard was stuck at home doing God knows what because it was Sunday. Which meant doing absolutely nothing. So Gerard did the only logical thing he could think of.

He went out to the store, bought a pack of cigarettes, came home, and smoked them on the roof of his house.

The entire pack. Because he could.

The sun was setting, casting a purple hue on the world. Gerard's fading red hair moved gently in the breeze and the pale smoke from his cigarette swirled around his face like a ghost long forgotten. Gerard got the feeling he was being watched, but paid no attention to it. He was always being watched, whether it be the pill bottle staring at him from across the room, urging him to take more than necessary, or the lady from the television screen, retelling another school shooting or another disaster or another government scandal. It never ended. The cycle repeated, and Gerard was constantly watched, and judged.

By then it was about 7 o' clock at night and Gerard's stomach rumbled. He took one last drag of his cigarette and climbed back into his house through the window.

He dialed up the Sushi restaurant when he got back inside. The phone rang three times before a woman picked up.

"Hello, this is Ooka. What is your order?"

Gerard moved over to the window and looked out on to the street below.

"Um, hi. Can I have the California Roll?" He asked. He could have sworn he saw a boy in a green hoody looking at him, but he couldn't be quite sure.

-------------------666----------------

a super short, pointless chapter for you guys because I felt guilty for not posting more of this...

basically the biggest fucking filler chapter you've ever seen in you entire life.

praise the lord for hooker Gerard and as always,

Keep Running

-xølilly