You Have No Chill

Gerard slipped into his coat and trudged out into the cool air.

As he strolled down the streets, his mind started to wander to that kid Frank. Who, upon recent discovery, was also Mikey's friend. How did Mikey even stand him? He was annoying, and short, and loud, and clumsy, and he had that annoyingly cute lip ring, and the tattoos on his hands that had to be illegal, and his face, which also had to be illegal because hot- woah there Gerard. Chill out with the pansexual-ness.

Actually, chill out with the ridiculousness. He could never have a crush on fucking Frank.

Gerard finally arrived at the front door of his apartment. It was funny because only three blocks away was Mikey, with his mom, in another apartment. Gerard's mom wanted him to move out, but not move too far because she didn't want to never see him, so Gerard literally moved to the end of the street. Gerard thought it was pointless, but his mother thought it was 'an important step in every child's life to live by themselves'. He unlocked the front door and climbed the stairs to get to his personal door. Letting himself in, Gerard shrugged off his coat. For only September 9th, it was pretty chilly. Whatever. It didn't bother him. This just gave him an excuse to wear many of his different jackets.

Gerard yawned and walked into the living room, collapsing on the couch. He grabbed the T.V remote sitting on his wicker coffee table and flicked on the television. The first thing that popped up on the screen was Football and Gerard immediately scoffed and changed it. He didn't even begin to understand how sports worked. Move the thing to the other thing? Wow, how entertaining. Gerard turned the T.V off and decided it was better he just went to sleep.

Gerard awoke an hour later to the sound of his phone going off. He groggily patted around the table until he found it and picked it up.

"Hello?" Gerard slurred.

"Are you drunk?" He heard Mikey's voice reply.

"Nah, just tired as hell. What's up Mikes?" Gerard asked, slowly waking up.

"Nothin', I was just wondering if you were still coming to my party tomorrow?" His brother asked hopefully.

"Wouldn't miss it for the world, kid." Gerard smiled.

"Yay, okay. Well, I just wanted to let you know I invited some friends over. Well. Two. But I mean, still some. Is that alright with you?" Mikey sniffed on the other line and waited for a reply.

"Sure! Fine by me, as long as they're not super lame!" Gerard joked.

"Oh, well then you might not want to come." Mikey laughed, and Gerard giggled along.

"Anyway, Mikes, I gotta go, but I'll catch you around tomorrow! Argh, 18. They grow up so fast." Gerard whined and fake cried.

"Shut up, Geetard. I'll see you later. Love you." Mikey scoffed and hung up.

"Love you too." Gerard said, though Mikey was already off the line.

Gerard yawned and checked his clock on his phone. It was only 9, so Gerard probably wouldn't go to bed for about another two hours or so. Gerard contemplated what he should do before he decided on ordering take out and renting a movie. He chose Chinese food and '10 Things I Hate About You'. He wasn't totally sure why he chose that movie, but he did. Gerard sat back down on his white couch (which he got from his mother) and kicked his legs up on his coffe table (which he also got form his mother) as he waited for his food to come. About 15 minutes later, he heard his obnoxious doorbell ring, signaling his take out had arrived. He rushed down the stairs and opened the door quickly.

"That'll be $17.62." The girl sighed. Gerard grabbed the bag. handed her a 20 dollar bill, and scrambled back up the steps, the scent of his General Tso chicken wafting from the styrofoam box.

He sat back down on his sofa and opened up the container with a sqeaky pop. Gerard dug around in the bag until he produced a fork and jabbed it into a piece of chicken. He then proceded to greedily stuff it in his mouth before pressing play on his movie.

30 minutes in, and Gerard was starting to get pissed with the tall boy. Why wouldn't Patrick just leave Kat alone? Obviosuly, she didn't want to be bothered. I mean, sure Patrick was nice and cool, and you could obviously see Kat liked him, but that didn't mean Patrick had to persistently try to get with her. Kat just wanted to be left alone, and be her normal prickly self, with no friends and a lame social life. And, sure, Gerard reasoned that Kat would probably be better off with Patrick, it might make her a more enjoyable person, but that didn't mean he should tag Kat arround wherever she went.

Gerard humphed and just decided to deal with it.

By the time the movie was over, it was 11, and Gerard decided to go to bed. He didn't want to be tired for Mikey's party, and he still did have work the next day. Gerard stood up from the couch and stretched. Then he bent over to pick up his leftovers and carried them to his kitchen, where he threw out the remains. He scratched his head and shuffled into his bedroom. Gerard stripped out of his uniform, which he had accidentally forgotten to take off, and made a mental note to do the laundry that weekend. He slipped into a pair of Batman pajama pants and a black t-shirt. He would probably end up taking them off during the night but it was fucking freezing in his room and he was not risking it.

Yawning, Gerard flicked off his light and slipped under his crimson comforter, falling into a dreamless sleep.