Happy Birthday to Me

'Ah, yes. The sweet smell of forgetting a present.' Frank thought as he drove silently towards Mikey's house, Ray in the passenger seat.

'Fuck, Mikey and Ray are going to kill me. Well, Ray will kill me. Mikey will look at me sadly and not talk to me the rest of the night.' Frank cursed himself. It was just like him to forget one of his best friend's birthday present.

It was all Gerard's fault. If he hadn't been so damn attractive, Frank would have remembered to grab the Special Edition Batman comic, but no. Gerard had to come in. Well. He was already in there but whatever. He just had to stand there and look all cute and roll his eyes and be a jerk. He was too distracting. Frank cursed Gerard too.

Ray would make a huge deal out of this, it would ruin his relationship with Mikey, all the boys at the party would be disappointed with him, and he would make a bad first impression on whoever Mikey's brother was.

Frank just decided to curse the whole world and be done with it.

Finally, the two best friends were turning into Mikey's drive way.

Frank knew Ray had a present for Mikey, so he was fine. Of course. Ray was always the responsible one.

"Responsible Ray", "Kind Ray", "Why can't you be more like Ray?".

Frank growled, and the curly haired man turned to him.

"Is everything good? Are you okay? You seem stressed out." Ray noticed, and Frank was annoyed at how well his best friend was at reading him.

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm just nervous at how many people there are going to be." Frank lied, and Ray laughed.

"You? Nervous? At a party? Never." Ray chuckled.

Shaking his head, Frank opened the car door and stepped out, breathing in the cool air.

The two men walked up to the front door, and Ray knocked three times.

A man opened the door, who was not Mikey.

"Oh, hey. I'm Kellin. You guys are Frank and Ray, right?" The man, Kellin, asked.

"Yup, that's us." Frank nodded. "Where's Mikey?"

"Oh. He's here, I was just closer to the door, that's all." Kellin explained. "Come on in." He said and opened the door wider to let the two boys inside.

Everybody was sat around Mikey's coffee table. Smashing Pumpkins was playing in the background, and there were various beer bottles scattered around the room on coasters.

Frank took account for everyone in the room. He noticed Patrick and Pete, who were sitting with their knees touching. Brendon and Ryan were there, too.

"Oh hey, Ryan. Haven't seen you in a while." Frank smiled.

"Oh! Yeah. I was studying abroad in Belgium." Ryan's eyes lit up.

Brendon grabbed his hand. "But now you're back. Right, babe?" He cooed.

Ryan brought their hands up to his face and kissed Brendon's. "But now I'm back." He confirmed.

Frank chuckled. This whole room was full of low testosterone and gayness. Everybody in the room was gay. Well, except maybe Kellin.

"Hey, you guys." Mikey greeted them, emerging from the kitchen.

"Hey," Ray said quietly, but smiling. They stared at each other for a little while longer until they both looked away, blushing.

Frank and Patrick shared a look. They both knew what was up with those two.