"Sure dad. What did the doc say? Good news only and make it one sentence. " He said not looking up from his game.

Michael glanced at me then back at Tony, "Uh...she's getting responsive and she's healing."

"Told ya." Was Tony's reply looking at his sister and smirking before going back to his game.

"You told her what?" I asked intrigued.

"That we're going home soon." He didn't look up as he answered.

"It might take a while." I told him and took hold of Hazel's hand.

"I don't think so. She knows Matt misses her and he's going to move on if she doesn't wake up SOON! AHH noooooo." He startled us. I assume he lost in the game he's playing because he put his PSP down and looked at his sister.

While I'm glaring at Tony and waiting for him to apologise, "Dad..." he called.

And Michael responded, "Yes, I see it." His voice broke. I looked at both of them in confusion and looked where their eyes are fixated.

Hazel's hand, the one inside my palm. It was moving a little, squeezing mine.

"I think I startled her." Tony dragged his chair closer to the bed. "Haze, I'm sorry." He took her other hand.

Michael stood, "The doctor said-"

I cut him off before he could talk, "The doctor said she's getting better." We shared a knowing look and I spoke.

"Hazel, I'm glad you can hear us. Don't try too hard, you might put more stress on yourself alright? The doctor said you're getting all better. She said your whole body may feel a little uncomfortable because you've been laying down for a while but besides that, you're coming along very well." I squeezed her hand softly.

"Is she still moving?" Michael asked.

I shook my head no and he looked at her. "You have no idea how happy I am to have you show another sign of life besides your chest moving. You have an ugly scar on your lip." He and Tony laughed about it. If Hazel was awake now she'd stick her tongue out at them and stomp away.

"We miss you daughter, but we're in no rush to see you. Take your time healing. Okay?" Michael leaned in and kissed her forehead.

I never understood why he calls his children son and daughter, as if they don't have names.

I walked in from work and went straight to the shower. This was my daily routine before preparing for dinner.

"Michael?" I called for my husband. Well, he wasn't really a legal husband because we only bought rings and vowed to each other. No priest or legal paperwork. I never understood the concept of marriage so he insisted we do it this way just to make him happy. It was fun so I couldn't say no.

"Michael?" I called again because he didn't answer. I decided that maybe he's not back so I shut the bathroom door and took a shower.

I soon made supper and put his food in the oven. Hazel was with Michael's parents for the summer, leaving the house all to us.

After I finished my dinner I decided to call Michael. The phone rang but he didn't pick up the first time, the second time it was answered...just not by him.

"Yes?" A woman picked up his phone.

At first my heart skipped a beat, then my brain registered. "Can I please talk to Michael?"