3. Tony

○○○○○○○○○○●○○○○○○○○○
° CHAPTER 3: Tony °
○○○○○○○○○○●○○○○○○○○○

I didn't know what love was.
I didn't think of what I felt.
I just knew what I knew.
And it was enough,
That you knew it too.
~mirthykayla

"What?" Hazel asked.

"Nothing." But I kept staring at her while she finished her work.

Her eyes went up for a moment and she groaned, "Tony, how am I supposed to concentrate with you throwing me daggers?"

I just shrugged and didn't back down, she decided to face away from me.

"Are you any close?" I asked.

"Not yet. But soon." She just kept flipping the pages of her notes and typing away on her macbook.

I groaned, "I've been sitting here for half an hour!"

"Tony, I'm busy! You wanted me to come home and here I am. With three projects due on Monday." She sighed and continued, "I just want to kill this one, I will do the other two tomorrow. Okay?" She looked at me promising.

"Fine." I whined. "Should I get you anything then?"

"Uhm...Doritos?" She grinned and I climbed off her bed and stomped off to the kitchen.

Mom's voice startled me, "Hey sweetie, your father's here." She was already preparing supper.

Which gave me an idea, "Can he stay for supper? Please?"

"You can ask him, honey. See if he's alright with that." She smiled gently at me.

I took the bag of Doritos from the cupboard and got a questioning look from Mom.

"She's doing an assignment," Was my answer and she shook her head.

"Tell her dinner is almost ready." She whispered.

"You want me to lie?" I raised my eyebrow because she told me to never lie.

"It will be ready in an hour," She winked at me and I shook my head.

I turned to find my father in the lounge. "Hi, dad."

"Hello son. Where's your bag?" He asked and stood.

"Can you please stay for dinner? Hazel just got back and she's busy with a... project. I just want to exchange spmr movies and songs with her before I leave." I explained.

He narrowed his eyes at me, "That's all you want to do? Exchange movies and songs? No hide and seek? No monopoly? Nothing?" He looked at me suspiciously.

"You came early today." I whined.

"No I did not. But I can come back tomorrow if you like." He smiled.

"Yes, you did. And no, we have plans for tonight. I just want an hour or three with Hazel." I pulled my innocent look.

He acted like he's thinking about it, "Fine. An hour or three...I'll stay for dinner." He walked past me to the kitchen.

Then I heard him say, "Hey Carol, I'm here to hang out with you because my son prefers hanging out with my daughter for an hour or three." He put emphasis on three and mom just laughed.