CHAPTER 16

"I'll see you next week." Neels said, packing his suitcase. "Don't get into too much trouble without me."

Royce helped fold some of his clothes and smirked. "I'll try my best but no promises," she held out his passport.

He took it and kissed her lips. "I'm gonna miss you."

She wrapped her arms around his waist and looked up at him. "The feelings mutual."

Neels' phone dinged, he dug it out of his pocket and read the screen. "My cars here. I'll be back before you know it, bye my baby."

Royce kissed him. "Call me when you land okay?"

"Yes ma'am." Neels said, kissing her once more. "Bye babe."

"Bye." She sighed as he left.

It's been three months since Neels had officially asked Royce to be his girlfriend. Despite the struggle of the two both having to constantly travel for their work, they surprisingly made it work. They've become so close and comfortable with each other in these three short months, she moved in with him and out of her apartment she had in Arizona. Neels was based in LA because of his modeling and filmmaking. Unfortunately, Joe and Royce's friendship was basically nonexistent. Paige and her were constantly all over the place as they were taking the women's division to another level, leaving little time for Royce and Joe to move forward after she overheard his conversation.

In the end, she was genuinely happy for the first time in the past year. Neels made her laugh and smile 24/7, she always thought of him as a friend. But as a boyfriend, he's what every girl wants. And she determined to keep this one around.

———

"I'm so tired." Dean yawned, the group waiting for their flight.

"Me too." Royce rubbed her eyes. "When is the flight? This is taking too long."

Seth looked at his watch. "It should've been called fifteen minutes ago."

"Hey," Becky walked to where they sat. "I talked to one of the flight attendants, the flight got delayed cause the captain wasn't feeling well. So they're getting another one."

"We're so gonna be late for Raw." Nikki sighed. "Who's gonna tell Vince?"

"Not it." Everyone spoke except Joe.

He looked up from his phone and groaned. "Fine."

"Flight 330 boarding, from Los Angeles to San Antonio."

They got up and grabbed their bags, heading towards the gate. Their flight was a private one, strictly for the wrestlers. Royce walked on the airplane and seen only two seats left, she went and grabbed the window seat, hoping one of the girls sat next to her.

Joe walked in, seeing Royce stare out the window. Of course the seat next to her was the only available one. He trotted over there and asked, "Can I sit here?"

She looked up and around the plane. "I don't think you have much of a choice."

He nodded and sat down, buckling his seatbelt. "You okay?" He wondered as he seen her rub her head.

"I just have a bad headache." Royce replied, putting her head back.

"I think I might be able to help." Joe said.

"You have a bottle of Advil with you or something?" Royce questioned.

"No but, just lay your head down on my lap." He patted his thigh.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "Um no."

"Don't you trust me?"

Royce nodded with no hesitation.