CHAPTER 14

i thought that we were meant to be
you took my heart and made it bleed
i gave you all my ecstasy

Days had gone by since Joe's true intentions came out. Royce had been sick since that night, Nikki had to take her to the emergency room as she was low on fluids and made herself sick from crying nonstop. Her family didn't know her arrangement with Joe but assumed something bad went down between them, Royce not being herself. Neels and her spent their date in the hospital. He bought her food and brought movies to play on his laptop, he even went out to get them ice cream and slept with her on the bed til the next morning.

Joe drank until he passed out, so far all of his money went towards any alcoholic beverage that was in his sight. Seth and Dean had to take his wallet before he maxed out his credit cards. His heart felt like someone put a dagger in it and left it there. He didn't even feel like this when he divorced Galina. Maybe for a few days or two. But all he wanted was to call his bestfriend and tell her how much she meant to him. In fact he did call, mostly when he was drunk. Leaving countless a number of voicemails, resulting in her blocking his number.

Today was the first time Royce would be seen going out in public since she got hospitalized. WWE was hosting an event for all of the superstars, giving fans a chance to meet them and hang out. There was also going to be an event where the top wrestlers sat at a panel and answer questions from fans.

Royce looked at herself in the mirror, she looked horrible. Her eyes were puffy and blood shot red, her skin was drained of color.

"Knock knock," Brie entered the bathroom. "Guess who I brought."

"Who?" She wondered.

"Your favorite makeup artist!" Brie laughed and held up her makeup brushes.

Royce smiled and took a deep breath. "I give you permission to beat my face. I look like I've just risen from the dead."

"Come on," Brie grabbed her hand and sat her down on a chair. "Let's make you look like the queen you are."

Royce sat back and let Brie work on her. Eventually Nikki and Sasha came in and helped with her hair and outfit.

"Done!" Brie widely grinned and handed Royce a mirror.

"Woah," she laughed and looked. "It doesn't look like I've been in the hospital for days."

"You look gorgeous, and even more with this outfit on so go get dressed." Nikki instructed.

"And that's how it's done

"And that's how it's done." Sasha smirked.

———
Being around the fans really uplifted Royce's spirit. She'd been smiley the whole day, especially when she talked to the kids. She still found it crazy how many children looked up to her. So far, her and Joe steered clear of each other but of course you had fans who wanted a picture with both of them.