Right before the sound can move

Softly from your lips

You leave behind

A choice which once before you thought you could not resist

You give what you have when you

Decide that you

Keep burning like fire,

It's burning you down

Sometimes they say this should feel something like fire

'Til it burns you and you can't,

No, you can't remain the same

Stay the same, stay the same, stay the same

I can't change

-
-
-

"Ashton! we've gotta go, hurry up!" Anne called from down stairs. Ashton rushed around his room trying to find his glasses and groaned when he knew he wouldn't find them. He decided he would just have to go without them even though he wouldn't be able to see very well. He seriously needed to consider getting contacts. Ashton grabbed his book bag off of his desk and made sure his phone was in his pocket before leaving his bedroom. He walked down the stairs to see his Mum waiting for him.

"What took you so long? Where are you glasses?" Anne questioned, noticing Ashton wasn't wearing glasses.

"Couldn't find 'em, that's why I took so long."

"You won't be able to see the board." Anne sighed.

"It's okay, I'll sit at the front."

"Are you sure?" Ashton nodded.

"Okay, let's go then." They walked out the door, and while Anne was locking the door Ashton hopped in the passenger seat.

"Who was that boy you were talking about yesterday?" Lauren asked from the backseat, just as Anne got in the car and pulled out of the driveway. Ashton rolled his eyes.

"A friend." He shrugged.

"Didn't seem like just a friend." Harry implied.

"That's what I think too Harry." Anne said.

"Can you's- just stop? We've only known- each other for 24 hours. Nothing is going on, he's just a friend."

"Sure, sure. Don't let him slap your ass today, you're too young." Anne said making Lauren and Harry snicker. The curly haired boy shot his mother a glare.

"Okay, first I'm 18. And second, he wouldn't even slap my ass because we're just friends!"

"We're just friends, what are you saying?" Anne sang, making Ashton face palm.

"Don't bring Justin into this."

"You're no fun." Anne complained. Ashton took his phone out of his pocket to see that he had a message from Luke.

[From Luke]

No it's fine. Can I come by tomorrow after school? I'm busy today.

Ashton finds it irritating that his mother asked to meet Luke, otherwise he couldn't go to the party. Ashton isn't really a party person but it could be fun and who knows? He might have a good time.

"Luke's coming- over tomorrow."

"Great, I'll bring home lube." Anne said blankly, making Ashton's eyes widen in horror.