Chapter 33

Wow, our book has reached 1k reads.
Thanks so much to everyone that checked out this book.❤ I hope you're enjoying the ride?

Enjoy;

The twins were now three months  old and we were back in mum's house and  grandma was still with us but  the three of us put together were not enough to handle those babies especially Hana. That girl didn't cry, she screamed and wailed and she was currently doing that at past three in the morning rousing me from my sweet sleep. Mum had needed a nanny so Aunty Comfort, grandma's maid recommended  her sister, Joy and she resumed when the twins were two weeks old and even with all four of us present, taking care of the twins was still hectic.

I heard Hana's wails pipe down and released a sigh of relief but as soon as I closed my eyes to continue my sleep, AZ as we called Azariah started his own and I hit my fist on my pillow in frustration wondering why these children could not just follow the routine of crying during the day and letting us sleep at night.

After a long night, I finally woke up at past eight in the morning and now the babies decided to sleep. I sighed and shook my head in frustration at my lack of sleep making a mental note to buy ear plugs later in the day. Mum instructed me to join Joy in the kitchen in frying plantain and egg for breakfast.

We were done eating and Joy and I were already washing the plates when we heard a knock on the iron protector and I shook my head in pity for whoever was banging on the iron that way. After using iron doors and also nets  for the front and back exits of the house, mum still insisted on having a protector on the front and back saying one had to be security conscious.

I opened the front door and was about to open the net but  I stopped in my tracks at sight of  the people  standing  on the other side of the protector. Dad ,Aunty Chika and grandma.

The three of them smiled when they saw me and I shook my head not believing that they were here. As if reading my thoughts, Aunty Chika spoke

"Nne, it's us. Come and open the gate" she said pointing at the protector. I shut the door in their faces and decided to let mum know before letting them in.

"Jasmine, isn't somebody at the door?" Joy asked me as soon as I entered the house but I only nodded and told her not to open the door until I came out with mum. I went to mum's room and knocked gently so I wouldn't wake the babies sleeping inside. Mum came out and when I told her about those outside, her brows furrowed in anger and she hissed before stepping out

"What are you doing here?" Mum asked as she went outside still not opening the protector

"Mabel please, let us in at least " grandma spoke and mum laughed "I should let you in my house. Why? Don't you have yours?"

"Mabel, please " dad spoke and grandma Dafe came out

"What are they doing here? " she asked mum and mum shook her head

"Quite frankly, I don't know "

"My in law " grandma Okoli smiled

"Please leave " mum said calmly and dad began to beg

"Mabel please for the sake of our children, I beg you in God's name hear us out "

"Our children? I thought you said I'm a slut, I lied to you. Michael please just go. Please leave " Mum pleaded and immediately wiped a straying tear

"Let's hear them out " Grandma Dafe said and mum and I looked at her in shock and she nodded "Please"

Mum opened the protector and ushered them in. I was on my way to my room not ready to hear anything when Aunty Chika stopped me