02 NARRATIVE & MESSAGES

THE NEXT MORNING ALL the girls, except for Mia who was helping decorate the house, met up hours before the party to go shopping for outfits, go out for lunch, talk about boys, and get ready for Kennedy's big night.

The house was decorated with streamers, different colored balloons, glitter, and confetti. And of course, it wouldn't be a party without snacks and drinks. Kennedy didn't drink as much as all of her friends, she would usually stay back with Charli because she was the only one who was too young to drink.

Back to everyone shopping, eating, and talking about boys, Addison and Kennedy were currently in a store looking at a beautiful black dress that caught Kennedy's eye.

"You should try it on, maybe you'll love it more!" Addison suggested, turning to see her friend staring in awe. Kennedy grabbed the dress hanging off a hanger on a rack. She headed over to the dressing rooms, Addison following behind.

While Kennedy was changing, a few of the girls returned back to the store where Addison and Kennedy were, only missing Avani and Amelie.

"C'mon Kennedy, we're all waiting to see how you look!" Dixie yelled encouraging her friend.

Here goes nothing. Kennedy thought, taking a deep breath and walking out of the dressing room, revealing the dress to her friends.

"Oh my gosh, you HAVE to wear this tonight!" Kouvr exclaimed, jumping out of her chair to stand next to the girl she's grown very fond of.

"I totally agree!" Charli said, smiling at the girl she adored.

"Well then I guess I'll buy it," Kennedy caved in, looking at the price tag, eyes going wide. "And there goes my weeks allowance." She blurted, making her friends laugh.

The girl made her way back into the dressing room, changing into her clothes and putting the dress back on the hanger before walking out to pay for it. Somewhere along the process, Avani and Amelie met back up with the group.

—☆—

BACK AT THE HOUSE Mia was ordering everyone to do different jobs to help prepare for her best friends party. It was her number one priority to make sure Kennedy was going to have the best night of her life.

The brunette walked into the living room, clipboard in hand, eyeing all of the decorations. She scoffed when an off centered banner caught her eye.

"Whoever put this banner up needs to center it right away! Everything needs to be perfect!" Mia yelled, rubbing her temple with her hand.

Minutes later, the rest of the girls arrived back at the house to get ready. Mia looked down at her watch to see that it was only two o'clock. She sighed and looked at her best friend with a small smile.

"Hey babe, you've been working all day, come help me get ready." Kennedy proposed, taking the clipboard out of the exhausted girl and handing it to Addison.

"Don't worry girl, I can do the rest." Addison stated, giving Mia a reassuring nod.

"We're heading back to our apartment to get ready, we'll see you guys in a few hours!" Amelie and Avani announced to their friend group, waving goodbye and heading out. Charli and Dixie stopped by their house on the way back to the mall, and Nessa and Mads went to Sway, so that left Mia, Kennedy, Addison, and Kouvr.

"Seriously, Mia. Addison has it all under control." Kouvr pleaded.

"Fine, lets go." Mia replied, caving into her best friends.

—☆—

IT WAS NOW ONLY an hour before everyone would start arriving at the house. Mia, Kouvr, and Kennedy had all finished getting ready, taking Addison's spot so she could freshen up.

"Are you nervous about Olivia and Darianka?" Kouvr asked, feeling concerned for her friend.

"I think it will be fine, I'll have Ryland to talk to, even if he is my older brother." The girl of the hour responded, pulling her phone out of the pocket of her dress.

"Someone text the boys to get ready and downstairs, we don't have very long until everyone starts coming." Mia declared.

"I'm on it!" Kennedy mumbled, clicking on the Hype House group chat.

—☆—

KENNEDY 🤪mia says all of you need to get ready and come downstairs

KENNEDY 🤪
mia says all of you need to get
ready and come downstairs.
the party is starting soon

LIL HOODIE 🥢
i'm ready but nick and ryland
are messing around on the xbox

TAYLER 💛
i can confirm that what chase
said is in fact very true. i just
need help with my tie.

KENNEDY 🤪
come downstairs i'll help
you with ur tie. NICK, RYLAND
GET READY

TONY 🚁
ondre and i never get yelled at

ONDRE 🚌
true. but we're ready

THOMAS 🚂
i'm right next to mia so

KENNEDY 🤪
OML NICK AND RYLAND!!!

RYLAND 🤡
whattt? we just finished a
fortnite match

NICKY 💞
shit ryland we have to get ready

KOUVR 🦋
glad that one of you is mature enough
to know what's going on 🙄🙄

RYLAND 🤡
i'm NOT immature!!!

KENNEDY 🤪
you still need help getting pizza
out of the oven hot shot. i think
u are immature

RYLAND 🤡
I- i'll be down in a second....

NICKY 💞
i'm already done