CHAPTER 45 : COULD YOU TRUST IN ME =]

Start from the beginning

“Add-ole! It-ot!” I turn to curse at the guy who’s standing there giggling to himself. This is actually delicious though, I’ll give him that. I wonder where he bought these from. Once I got over the burning sensation, I used the chance to ask him and found out that there are food stalls set up over there. Phun was finalizing everything with the teachers and they were kind enough to give some free samples. Aside from the takoyaki, I noticed that he has plenty of other things such as custard buns, quail eggs, and some spicy noodle salad. Whenever there are food involved, Phun and I will usually have a lengthy discussion. I don’t even know when Jeed left the stage area.

“Noh! Why didn’t you call me and let me know that you got here already?!” But then Yuri’s high-pitch voice can be heard. I turn to look at her in the midst of my chat with Phun while still holding a couple of screws with my mouth. She’s waving at me from the front of the stage.

“We just got here. Are you coming to watch us?” I shout back at her and she gives me a smile.

“Of course! But I gotta go make some khanom khrok first! Hehehe!” I’m guessing she’s running a dessert stall. How cute is that? I nod at her before Yuri rushes off while wearing her seemingly messy apron.

“Somebody sure is popular.” Eh? Phun’s sarcastic tone is making me turn to look at him. He puts on an oblivious expression on his face before he walks around to share the food with everyone else.

My watch told me that it was 3:30 pm, and it was for us to start playing. There was a beautiful female MC (Who was she? She was freaking gorgeous) that kicked off the show and introduced us to the audience which was made up of girls entirely. First some games were played. And like, I got that games were parts of the show but I didn’t get why we needed to be the ones giving out the winning prizes? I mean, I’m not a school headmaster. -_-”

At any rate, let’s just say that everything was pretty fun. =] Pao seemed to be pleased since he had the chance to check out the girls. He was chatting with the two female MCs backstage. Jeed was trying to start a conversation with me too. (I noticed that she kept trying several times.) But it was difficult since I apparently belonged to the people today. Someone would call me to go somewhere, then someone else would try to chat with me. (At the very least, Phun was one of those people.)

We helped the two MCs with giving out prizes and playing various games for a long while before it was time for the band to begin the show. Today, I will be both the guitarist and the lead singer. I give the girls a small hello and am greeted with loud screams.

They sure are a lot louder than the last time we were here.

We’re a bit stunned by this but there’s that English phrase ‘The Show Must Go On’ (whatever that means, it sounds cool so I’m using it) and Pao starts the drum intros for “That Thing You Do” by The Wonders. We played this for the opening song last year too. The screams are insane. So if they’re so into this, how can we as musicians not have fun along with them?

I sing and laugh once I see Yuri doing some traditional Thai dance moves from far away (in front of a building). I find this to be hilarious. The song I’m singing is rather cute, couldn’t she have chosen different moves that would go along with this? I burst out laughing on the stage. Yuri notices that and she keeps at it. If anything, she should be the one feeling embarrassed.

Phun is hiding himself near the soundboard with nong Knott. He is only a few meters away from the stage. Although, I think he may have lost it since he can’t seem to stop grinning like a mental patient. He keeps on smiling at me and I’m starting to get shy. But whatever! We both can be mental patients as we keep on smiling to one another like this the whole time. ^____^